Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  1 day pass for Mürren to Zurich Airport

1 day pass for Mürren to Zurich Airport

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bernie ang
Bernie ang
2 posts
Oct 22, 2019 - 5:00 AM

Hello

We will be travelling to Switzerland from Apr 03 to Apr 16 and will be getting the 8 days consecutive Swiss Travel Pass.

Will be in Lucerne from Apr 07 to Apr 12 and Mürren, Apr 13 to Apr 16.

Since the Swiss Travel Pass is used for 8 days consecutively, intend to activate it on Apr 08 and buy one way trip from Zürich Airport to Lucerne on Apr 07.

My question is - is there a cheaper pass, like a 1 day pass from Mürren BLM to Zürich airport. It seems there is a need to change from cable car to several trains to reach Zürich airport. Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
7875 posts
expert
Oct 22, 2019 - 5:17 AM in reply to Bernie ang

Hello Bernie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The Saver Day Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass) may suit your needs.

Depending on your plans you may find a Swiss Half-fare card is more cost effective than a Swiss Travel Pass.

Based on your personal itinerary you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it's valid" page for all available passes. Be sure to check those pages for each pass you are considering. Study the map AND read all the text on those pages to fully understand what is covered by the respective pass.

Annika
Annika
6110 posts
expert &
Oct 22, 2019 - 8:38 AM in reply to Bernie ang

Hi Bernieang!

I agree with Rockoyster that the Saver Day Pass is your best bet. If bought well in advance, you can get it for CHF 51 (www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price) whereas regular tickets Mürren-Zurich Airport cost CHF 97,20.

Last modified on Oct 22, 2019 - 8:38 AM by Annika
Bernie ang
Bernie ang
2 posts
Oct 22, 2019 - 1:29 PM

Hello

Thank you, Rockoyster and Annika for you valuable advise.

I will look into the link and choose the most suitable pass for my itinerary. My tentative itineraries are as follows.

Apr 07 - Arrive Zurich/transfer to Lucerne

Apr 08 - Mt Titlis

Apr 09 - Mt Rigi

Apr 10 - Lucerne

Apr 11 - Basel/Geneva

Apr 12 - Bern/Montreux

Apr 13 to Apr 15 - Murren Day Trips to - Jungfraujoch/ Lauterbrunnen/Stechelberg Wengen/Grindelwald/Schilthorn (not sure if 3 days is sufficient)

Apr 16 - Zürich Airport

Thanks again!

Arno
Arno
14125 posts
expert &
Oct 22, 2019 - 4:18 PM

Hi Bernie,

Great! Please let us know the outcome and feel free to post back here if you have any questions left.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019