1/2 Fare Card; Family Pass; BO Pass – buy online?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2017 at 23:16:35 #812331

Our plans include an arrival day in Zurich – travel to Luzern. Then 2 days in Luzern. Then 4 days in Wengen, then a 5th day leaving Switzerland (discount ticket from Spiez to Milan already purchased). There are 2 adults and one 15 year old. My plan is to get the 1/2 fare card and family pass for Luzern and then the BO Regional pass (discounted because we have the 1/2 fare card) for the time in Wengen. I have questions:

1. Can I buy all of the passes online for electronic delivery? Or do I need to buy the BO Pass once I am there?

2. When the adults are travelling on the BO Pass, does the family card still work for the child, or do we need to buy her the BO Child pass ($35 I think).

Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 8:23:43 #865439

Hi elbarcosr1,

1. You can buy the Swiss Half Fare Card online (and at the same time the Swiss Family Card) and have it emailed to you for printing.
      The Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland can be bought at a rail station – or you can buy it online and have it shipped to a hotel in Switzerland if you like.
    2. If you are traveling on the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland than you will need to have the child pass (30CHF) yes- see link above.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 15:00:34 #865440

Thank you for the clarification! For the BO Regional Pass, can that be purchased at the Zurich Airport, and if yes, do you know where? I am arranging plans for someone and would like to give them exact information. She is meeting us in Wengen, so I am telling her to go to the ticket counter to buy a ticket to Bern and a BO Regional Pass. I am assuming she cannot buy the BO Pass at a kiosk.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 16:10:11 #865441

Yes, your friend can buy the BO regional Pass from any SBB (Swiss railways) office but not a machine if that’s what you mean by kiosk.

At Zurich airport the SBB office is right before the entrance to the train station on level 1. She can follow signs for trains after she picks up her luggage to get there.

Here is the map page for Zurich airport – the map you want to look at is labeled “Airport Center and Check-in 3” and you can see the SBB office there.

Lucas

• The thread ‘1/2 Fare Card; Family Pass; BO Pass – buy online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.