2 Days in Interlaken, please suggest itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2016 at 6:58:55 #809818

Hi,

Me and my husband (both aged 30, no kids) are traveling to Switzerland in the 2nd week of September and have kept 2 days for Interlaken. Can you please suggest us a good itinerary to travel.

What would the best places to cover.

Places I don’t want to miss are Gimmelwald, Grindelwald, Jungfrau, Mt Pilatus, Titlis, First-Bachalpsee, Lake Thun , Lake Brienz.

Can you please help me plan the order, and suggest minimum time required for each. Also, how do you think should we should commute. Shall we take Swiss Pass or Euro Rail Pass?

We are planning to stay in

Camping Lazy Rancho 4 (Lehnweg, Interlaken)

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

JoeyA
    Participant
    57 posts
    7 August 2016 at 9:15:58 #854872

Hi,

We have had 2 short stays in Interlaken this year and last. I would personally think that your to do list is too long. You risk spending the whole time racing around jumping from one train to the next. Things that you have mentioned that you could put together would be Grindelwald, First and then BachAlpsee one day. Gimmelwald could be another day, tied in with a trip to Murren and Allmendhubel which we did this year and I would highly recommend, and if you wanted a mountain top experience this is easily combined with a trip up to the Schilthorn. If you were up for a long day you could probably fit in the Jungfraujoch trip with the First trip if you went down via Grindelwald. In any case if you want to do the Jungfraujoch trip I would recommend you take the first train up as it gets super busy by mid morning. The Jungfraujoch trip is amazing and well worth it, so long as you have good weather otherwise it’s a waste of time.

Re rail passes, Eurail passes won’t get you on any of the mountain railways, cable cars, etc. I have found the Half Fare Card works well for me. I hope you have a great trip, there’s so much to do you’ll need to come back again and again to do it all! I haven’t been to Titlis or Pilatus so can’t advise on those!

• The thread ‘2 Days in Interlaken, please suggest itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.