2 days in Lucerne in March – suggest activities

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2019 at 22:07:25 #824709

Hello, I have two days in Lucerne at the start of a ten day trip to the Alps. I will arrive around 12pm on Monday March 2nd and I’d be keen to head straight out to one of the main mountain destinations. Can you recommend what’s possible for an active person like me? I will have that afternoon, one full day and most of the third day before I head to Wengen. I’m staying close to Wengen station so I wouldn’t need to arrive in daylight necessarily. First of many more forum posts as I build my itinerary. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 December 2019 at 23:31:17 #926802

Hi Susie,

Well it is going to depend on the weather to a large extent but Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis are the main mountain attractions. Pilatus is easily accessible in an afternoon so may be you best bet on arrival. Save some time for wandering around the old city. Lake cruise schedules will be limited in March.

See also http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/activities.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2019 at 5:09:46 #926803

Thanks as ever Rockoyster. I was thinking Pilatus on day 1.

I should be able to get to Rigi and Titlis on day two and three and have time for a wander in the town, you think? Obviously weather permitting.

Susie

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 December 2019 at 5:44:16 #926804

Sounds good.

Anna
    6384 posts
    23 December 2019 at 6:55:24 #926805

Hi Susie new,

Pilatus is a good choice. You can find details how to get there here: http://www.myswissalps.com/pilatus/gettingthere

If you are also considering going to Rigi or Titlis, you can find more information in the links below:

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2019 at 5:03:50 #926806

Thank you Anna.

I’m enjoying the planning now that I know which bases I’m staying in!

Susie

• The thread ‘2 days in Lucerne in March – suggest activities’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.