2 days Lucerne with Tell-Pass, rainy day options

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 1:19:00 #808393

traveling to lucerne with two young kids . Have tell pass for two days. what are the best options for us on rainy days?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 February 2016 at 11:50:54 #848313

Hi mazure, welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

You’ll find tips at our Lucerne page. I’d especially recommend the Museum of Transport. Kids generally love it too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 15:11:20 #848314

Thank you for your prompt reply. Let me give you our travel itanary. We are reaching there on Feb 11 ’16 at noon. Staying at one of the down town hotel. As you suggested we will do the Transport Museum on that day if kids are up to it. On Feb 12 we are going to take Wilhelm Tell Express using the Tell pass. Questions:

Q-1-do we need to book the tickets in advance?

Q-2-how much extra we pay for first class?

Q-3-what time it leaves from Lucerne?

Q-4-how long is the trip?

On Feb 13 we are planning the ‘majestic round trip’. Take boat from Lucerne to Vitznau. Change to cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm. Take the cogwheel train down to ArthGoldau and change train for Lucerne. OR Round trip including cable car. Questions:

Q-1-How long is the trip?

Q-2-which trip is more kid friendly? The train or the cable car one?

Q-3-is there any such round trips available for Mt Pilatus? Highly appreciate your prompt response.

Many thanks!

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 February 2016 at 8:07:39 #848315

Hi mazure!

You’d best study the Wilhelm Tell Express page for details. It includes links to the official timetable, ticket prices, and so on. You need an upgrade ticket to 1st class, and it’s best to book this trip well in advance.

The general timetable allows you to find details on each leg of the Rigi trip. Apart from that, you can study the separate timetables for the boats on Lake Lucerne and for Rigi. You’ll find links to those timetables on the pages I linked to. Both the train and cable car are fun for kids, in my view.

Between spring and autumn, you can make the “Golden Roundtrip” to Pilatus as described at our Pilatus page. However, in February the cogwheel train isn’t operational, so you should get up and down by cable car from Kriens.

• The thread ‘2 days Lucerne with Tell-Pass, rainy day options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.