2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    20 July 2012 at 10:08:37 #837684

Hello Amosjan. You can only use the 2 for 1 pass up to November 30. These and other specifics are explained in the initial post of this topic. After the last free travel day, the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is no longer valid and offers no discounts anymore. Depending on your travel plans for December 1 and 2, a 2 for 1 4 day Swiss Saver Pass, to be used on November 27-30, may still be an economical choice.

By the way, would you mind asking the same question only once, as mentioned in our forum rules? I’ll remove your second post. Thank you!

[quote]Amosjan said: Hi, I would like to check if I’m going to switzerland on 27/11/12 to 2/12/12. Is this promotion beneficial to me? If I’m interested to buy the Swiss flexi pass, can I use the pass on either 1/12/12 or 2/12/12? If not, am I entitled the 50% fare reduction in December?
    Thank you.[/quote]

Annika
    7124 posts
    20 July 2012 at 10:11:49 #837685

Hello sgosh. No, the 2 for 1 offer is not valid for traveling in August. Please refer to the initial post of this topic for all specifics. A regular 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be a good choice for your trip.

[quote]sghosh said: Hi, My family (2 adult and 5 year old kid) will be travelling to switzerland in August. Will I be able to buy and use the swiss saver pass 2 for 1 for our trip. As the information I am getting from raileurope website is a bit confusing as it says we have to use the second pass from september to november. Please clarify. We will be travelling for 4 days consecutively.
    Thanks[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2012 at 14:25:15 #837686

I may have posted this elsewhere but don’t see it—-I am trying to purchase the Swiss Flexi Pass, 2 for 1 today. I have gone all the way thru the reservation process, thru confirmation and now to the credit card info part but have not yet been asked for names for the passes. Is this not necessary? I am hesitate to purchase until I get an answer in case I am purchasing the wrong product.

Interested in the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (4 days in the month, non-consecutive) this is the 2 for 1 special—correct?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 July 2012 at 16:06:38 #837687

Hi janlatham,

That’s correct if you’re ordering through this swissrailways.com link (or this link if you’re from the UK or Ireland). They only need the name of the recipient. You need to fill out the traveler names and passport numbers on the pass yourself.

There’s indeed a 2-for-1 special for the pass you’re referring to if you’re traveling between September 1 and November 30, 2012.

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    1 August 2012 at 14:58:14 #837688

Dear Forum: I purchased the 2 for 1 Swiss Flexi Pass for a trip from Sept 7, 2012 to Sept 13, and am trying to purchase a ticket for Spiez to Milano, Centrale. I’m using the SBB online ticketing website and when it comes time to enter a discount card, there is no “Swiss Pass” or “Swiss Flexi Pass” offered in the drop down menu. The closest thing is a “Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3-year”. Before I purchase the ticket, can you tell me if I will have problem when I need to show my discount pass. By the way, I’m using the SBB site because RailEurope’s fares were approximately $100 more for the same trip/class.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2012 at 22:35:49 #837689

Dear Sir,

we are 4 people under 25 years old.
    Can we purchase the Swiss Pass adult tickets ?
    or we only can purchase the youth tickets?
    (because I only see 2 for 1 promotion of adult tickets.)

thanks a lot 🙂

Emma

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 August 2012 at 2:14:45 #837690

Dear Forum: I purchased the 2 for 1 Swiss Flexi Pass for a trip from Sept 7, 2012 to Sept 13, and am trying to purchase a ticket for Spiez to Milano, Centrale. I’m using the SBB online ticketing website and when it comes time to enter a discount card, there is no “Swiss Pass” or “Swiss Flexi Pass” offered in the drop down menu. The closest thing is a “Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3-year”. Before I purchase the ticket, can you tell me if I will have problem when I need to show my discount pass. By the way, I’m using the SBB site because RailEurope’s fares were approximately $100 more for the same trip/class.

Hi Gary,

You can pick “Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3-year” if you’re traveling on a discount day of the Swiss Flexi Pass, or “GA 2.cl” (or 1.cl if appropriate) if you’re traveling on a free travel day. GA stands for “General Abonnement” which is a pass that Swiss people use to travel for free, just like your free travel days.

I’t’s quite strange (I would almost say impossible) that the price difference is that great. You may have been looking at prices that do not take your pass discount into account. Raileurope.com quotes $27 when I tried, for the leg Domodossola – Milan (the part up to Domodossola is free with your pass).

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 August 2012 at 2:16:45 #837691

[quote]cuteemma said: Dear Sir,

we are 4 people under 25 years old.
    Can we purchase the Swiss Pass adult tickets ?
    or we only can purchase the youth tickets?
    (because I only see 2 for 1 promotion of adult tickets.)

thanks a lot 🙂

Emma[/quote]

Hi Emma,

Yes, you can purchase the adult tickets.

Enjoy your traveling!

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    2 August 2012 at 11:28:05 #837692

[quote]Arno said: [quote]gyellin said: Dear Forum: I purchased the 2 for 1 Swiss Flexi Pass for a trip from Sept 7, 2012 to Sept 13, and am trying to purchase a ticket for Spiez to Milano, Centrale. I’m using the SBB online ticketing website and when it comes time to enter a discount card, there is no “Swiss Pass” or “Swiss Flexi Pass” offered in the drop down menu. The closest thing is a “Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3-year”. Before I purchase the ticket, can you tell me if I will have problem when I need to show my discount pass. By the way, I’m using the SBB site because RailEurope’s fares were approximately $100 more for the same trip/class.

Hi Gary,

You can pick “Half-Fare travelcard 1/2/3-year” if you’re traveling on a discount day of the Swiss Flexi Pass, or “GA 2.cl” (or 1.cl if appropriate) if you’re traveling on a free travel day. GA stands for “General Abonnement” which is a pass that Swiss people use to travel for free, just like your free travel days.

I’t’s quite strange (I would almost say impossible) that the price difference is that great. You may have been looking at prices that do not take your pass discount into account. Raileurope.com quotes $27 when I tried, for the leg Domodossola – Milan (the part up to Domodossola is free with your pass).[/quote]

Hi Arno: Thanks for this (valuable) information. I’m clearly not planning the route correctly (I was going first to Spiez and the fare from Spiez to M. Centrale was 77 CHF for SBB and over
    125 USD for Rail Europe.) Arno, can I wait until I get to Switzerland to make reservations for the Milan destination, and would you recommend the online reservations or waiting.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 August 2012 at 12:39:20 #837693

Hi Gary,

I see fares as low as $78 for Spiez – Milan at RailEurope, which is the full fare without taking a pass discount into account. Anyway, you can wait until you’re in Switzerland to book the train. I would advice to do it as soon as you can though, and only if you’re flexible (there are multiple trains to Milan). If you need to travel with one specific train I would book it in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2012 at 22:34:50 #837694

Hi Sir below is my itinerary on swiss tour. This is my first visiting to switzerland.
    I’m interested to buy the swiss pass promo 2 for 1. Yet, I have few questions hope sir may answer me. appreciate on top of your hospitality.

27/Oct/2012 : Venice to St Moritz (From Venice to St Moritz can I use Swiss Pass?)
    28/Oct/2012 : St Moritz Morning Train to Zermatt (From St moritz to Zermatt by Glacier Express is it free by using swiss pass?)
    29/Oct/2012 : Zermatt day tour
    30/Oct/2012 : Morning Train to Interlaken (Swiss Pass included the travel between this 2 places?)
    31/Oct/2012 : jungfrau day tour (the mountain transport will get 50% off example I would like to get to the top of jungfrau)
    01/Nov/2012 : Morning Train to Paris (From interlaken to paris can I use Swiss Pass?)

Last Question, when would the promotion end?

Annika
    7124 posts
    3 August 2012 at 6:18:23 #837695

Welcome to the forum zhixuen. The promotion is available for your travel period. Details are mentioned in the initial post of this topic. As for the validity of the pass: please review the downloadable validity map at either the Swiss Pass or the Swiss Flexi Pass page. It indicates exactly where you can use your pass. During inbound and outbound trips, the Swiss legs will be covered. The Glacier Express is covered, except for reservation fees, and the Jungraujoch is discounted by 25% up from Wengen/Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2012 at 3:39:32 #837696

Hi Moderator,
    If I purchase SwissPass Spring Promo 2 for 1, and we have total 6 travelers but is travel different route while in 3-3. Can we purchase the 2 for 1?

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 August 2012 at 4:44:33 #837697

Hello sammie. If you order through Swiss Railways, you’ll be able to buy one pass for 3 people (using the offer, you’ll actually pay for 2 people only). If you repeat this procedure, you’ll get 2 passes, each for 3 travelers. This will enable you to travel in groups of 3. Are you aware that there’s no longer a Spring promotion, but that the 2 for 1 offer is valid for September-November 2012? All specifics are mentioned in the initial post of this topic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2012 at 9:05:13 #837698

[quote]Annika said: Hello sammie. If you order through Swiss Railways, you’ll be able to buy one pass for 3 people (using the offer, you’ll actually pay for 2 people only). If you repeat this procedure, you’ll get 2 passes, each for 3 travelers. This will enable you to travel in groups of 3. Are you aware that there’s no longer a Spring promotion, but that the 2 for 1 offer is valid for September-November 2012? All specifics are mentioned in the initial post of this topic.[/quote]

Thx for your reply. Which mean I need to pay for the price of 4 instead of 3 since we will not always travel together, am I right to say?

Annika
    7124 posts
    5 August 2012 at 2:08:18 #837699

That’s right Sammie. If you were to travel together, or in couples, you could order three regular sets of the offer. But in your case, you can best follow the instructions I mentioned. You’ll still save lots of money as you don’t have to pay for two members of your group.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2012 at 5:33:51 #837700

Hi Arno,

My friend (US resident) will come to Switzerland to visit me for 10 days. She would like to buy a 2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver Flexi Pass to discover Switzerland with me (I have a French Passport but live in Switzerland at the moment). I saw the restriction “Residents of Switzerland & Liechtenstein are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.”, does this mean that even if I validate the pass with her using my French Passport, it doesn’t work?
    In this case is there any equivalent offer that I can buy as a resident in Switzerland, and travel with a friend who is US resident? I saw often on the trams this 2 for 1 offer, but didn’t know about this restriction. ( I have also a 1/2 tax card as a resident in Switzerland.) I would appreciate your advice about our case.

Thank you in advance,
    TN

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 August 2012 at 12:15:19 #837701

[quote]Thanh-Nu said: Hi Arno,

My friend (US resident) will come to Switzerland to visit me for 10 days. She would like to buy a 2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver Flexi Pass to discover Switzerland with me (I have a French Passport but live in Switzerland at the moment). I saw the restriction “Residents of Switzerland & Liechtenstein are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.”, does this mean that even if I validate the pass with her using my French Passport, it doesn’t work?
    In this case is there any equivalent offer that I can buy as a resident in Switzerland, and travel with a friend who is US resident? I saw often on the trams this 2 for 1 offer, but didn’t know about this restriction. ( I have also a 1/2 tax card as a resident in Switzerland.) I would appreciate your advice about our case.

Thank you in advance,
    TN[/quote]

Hello Than-Nu, and welcome to MySwissAlps. Since you have a French passport, it’s no problem for you and your friend use the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and this 2 for 1 deal. You can order through this link and have the pass delivered to your home address in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2012 at 12:16:33 #837702

Can I use the Swiss saver pass for swiss miniature, cogwheel train for mount rigi? Ans can I use if I buy for four days…and shall be able to use for two consecutive weeks?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2012 at 12:18:38 #837703

If I am traveeling with my wife and need to visit for two consecutive weekends….two sat-sundays…then can I go for swiss saver pass for four days?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.