Mar 30, 2012 - 11:54 AM
Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:
1. All purchase options are on the Swiss Pass page
. Fill out your country and preferred pass, and you'll see the points of sale. Purchasing in Switzerland is not possible for this 2-for-1 promotion.
2. Zurich - Lucerne (your first day) is a shorter and thus cheaper trip than Interlaken - Swiss border (your last day). So from that perspective, you're better off using the pass on day 2 to 5.
3. A first class pass gives access to all first class trains, including panoramic trains. If you click on the details of a particular train in the timetable
, a (triangular shaped) icon will be displayed if the train has panoramic coaches. Some of these trains require you to book a seat
in advance. That booking is not included in the pass.
4. These international tickets always include seat reservations. Single tickets would indeed be best. There are passes covering multiple countries, but it's not economical to get such a pass for just two single trips.
5. Just buy your discounted ticket on the day of traveling. You don't need to book in advance.
Please take a look at these pages about Lucerne
I hope this helps you out!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno