3 Days in Switzerland – Travel tips required

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2014 at 20:08:37 #806621

Hi Experts,
    This is my first trip to Switzerland. I didn’t got much time to goggle about to this place so thought to ask you guys for a better suggestion.
    Me and my wife will be landing on 5th September 09:00 PM at Geneva Airport. We will stay for 3 days , i.e. till 8th September night. ( returning flight is at 7:25 PM from Geneva).
    My Hotel address is “Luzernerstrasse 204 , Merlischachen, 6402, Switzerland “
    Now my queries are :-

1. What should be the best/cheapest option to travel in Switzerland?

2. Any Passes kind of thing which covers my airport to hotel transfer as well?

3. Which places should i cover in my three days trip?

4. Do i need to buy a separate ticket for tourist attractions ( which you will mention in #3 ) or it will be covered by the transport pass?

A quick response will be highly appreciated as I have only couple of days left to start my tour.
    Many Thanks
    Abhishek

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 September 2014 at 4:46:39 #840984

Hi Abhishek,

1./2./4. You can stay in an hotel near the airport upon arrival, since you arrive too late to reach Merlischachen that night. A 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would cover your traveling from 6 to 9 September. It includes trains/buses/boat for free and cable cars/cogwheel trains are discounted by 50%. Many museums are included for free as well.

3. Please see here for suggestions: http://www.myswissalps.com/lakelucerne/activities

And our general activity page may help too: http://www.myswissalps.com/activities

I hope this helps, enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2014 at 22:59:50 #840985

Hi Arno,

Thanks for a quick reply..Unfortunately I have made a non refundable booking. So I m bound to stay at same place.

Could you please suggest now how can I reach my hotel late night.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 September 2014 at 6:51:40 #840986

Hi abishek!

You will still be able to reach your hotel, but it will be an arrival far past midnight. Details about the available connections can be found by entering Geneva Airport as your departure station and the exact hotel address as your destination in the Swiss timetable. Also fill out your estimated time of departure from Geneva Airport. I suggest you contact your hotel before you leave and discuss your late arrival with the staff.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2014 at 19:04:39 #840987

Hello

I need your help desperately in deciding which train pass to buy? I’m traveling to zurich on November 7th, and would like to stay in Lucerne November 7th to 9th. Then travel back to zurich and stay one night the 9th.

I need best advice on which pass is best to cover transport from zurich airport to lucerne, rail within lucerne, trip from lucerne to zurich, rail within zurich and then back to airport.

Thank you

linda

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 September 2014 at 7:47:12 #840988

Hi Linda,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps. Can you please open a new topic for your question as explained in the forum rules? You added your post to an unrelated topic opened by Abhishek. In the mean time this guide will help you out.

Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘3 Days in Switzerland – Travel tips required’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.