5 days in Brig and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2016 at 1:29:57 #809182

Hi,

I am planning to go to Switzerland from Milan August 2nd week and have 5 days before flying out of Zurich. I was thinking of taking a from Milan to Brig, spending the night at Brig, spend a day at Zermatt, night at Brig, 2nd day hike Bettmeralp to Fiescheralp, and then take a train to Zurich. Any suggestions for alternative itineraries? This is my first time in Switzerland. I am also concerned about whether I will need to pack warm layers for the hikes since I was planning only on summer clothes in Italy. Traveling with 13 year old kid and husband. We typically manage easy-moderate hikes of 3-4 hours.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 May 2016 at 6:31:19 #851948

Welcome RK!

Your plans look good to me. Just be sure you also go up to see the glacier before or after the walk from Bettmeralp to Fiescheralp. There are several cable cars.

One or more layers of summer clothing should work in August. If the weather is bad you won’t be walking anyway I assume.

A Swiss Half Fare Card or Adventure Card may save you money.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2016 at 13:54:12 #851949

Thanks! Are there any hotels in Brig and Bettmeralp that you my recommend? And would sports shoes be good for the hike?

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 May 2016 at 16:12:54 #851950

Hi RK,

This particular hike is very easy. Any comfortable shoe will be fine. As for hotels: please post that question to the Accommodation forum, along with a few more details (see here). Thanks!

• The thread ‘5 days in Brig and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.