5 day trip with family in Interlaken and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 11:40:17 #814121

Hallo,

I am new to this forum , I found interesting &100% useful information in this Website, Happy to mingle here.

I am planning for 5 days ( 29th March – 2nd April ) trip to Switzerland with my Family (Wife & 7year old kid).

I would like to visit mountains Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Titlis, Mt.Pilatus, Rigi, also would like to have some boat trips.

I buy 3 days Swiss Travel pass – 30th March till 1st April , as 29th and 2nd consider as my travel in and out.

Now I wonder booking hotels , as climate is the factor, so I confused either full stay in Luzern or partial ( near to Lauterbrunnen).

1 night at Interlaken 3 nights at Luzern? Could anyone help me out, it helps me to book the destination ticket and also hotels.

My travel from Frankfurt on 29th March 9am and 2nd April will leave at 3pm to Frankfurt.

Kindly guide me.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Prabu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 17:24:27 #874945

Hi Prabu, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’re trying to do a lot of activities. It’s a stretch to do Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn on the same day. I would choose one of them. Lauterbrunnen, Wengen (forum members’ favorite) or Grindelwald are nice villages with easy access to Jungfraujoch. All cable cars to the Schilthorn depart from the town of Mürren.

Titlis and Pilatus can be done in a day but you will be rushed. Rigi can be combined with a boat trip. For these activities you will have to stay in Lucerne.

You don’t say from where you will be heading to Frankfurt. You could travel on the 29th to the Interlaken area to visit Jungfrau or Schilthorn on the 30st. Then continue to Lucerne to do a mountain on the 31st and/or the 1st. You could use the morning of the 2nd for a boat trip. I would advise you to play with the Swiss time table and then make a sensible choice.

We have listed hotels here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac commodation.

I hope this helps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2018 at 8:58:35 #874946

Hallo Chantal,

Thank you very much for your rapid response.

i will plan accordingly,

29th – Travel from Frankfurt to Interlaken OST ( reach around 15:00hrs) , reach Lauterbrunnen Hotel-check-in & Sightseeing Trümmelbachfäll & Staubachfall Wasserfall – is it okay? is it best to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken OST.

30th – visit Jungfrau if climate permits, spend day in Snow, at night travel to Luzern, Checkin-night stay

31st – Visit Titlis or Pilatus based on climate permits.

1st – Visit Rigi & Boat rides – is it one day enough or i can do someother stuffs.

2nd – Luzern City short trip or boat ride and leave to Frankfurt at 2pm.

Hope it works, any correction, please guide me.

Once again Thank you very much.

Best regards

Prabu

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2018 at 17:12:01 #874947

Hi Prabu,

Looks good! A couple notes:

29th – I would stay in Lauterbrunnen for sure.

1st – Rigi and a boat trip on Lake Lucerne will pretty much fill your day + explore Lucerne today and tomorrow morning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2018 at 2:36:50 #874948

Hi Prabu,

>> 29th Trümmelbachfäll & Staubachfall Wasserfall

Trümmelbach Falls open at the beginning of April, so they are likely to be closed on 29 March. The Staubbach Falls can be viewed all year round.

>> 30th – visit Jungfrau if climate permits, spend day in Snow, at night travel to Luzern

What will you do with your luggage? If you left it in the lockers at Interlaken Ost station, that would give you the flexibility to go up to the Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald and back via Wengen and Lauterbrunnen (or vice versa).

If you travel to Luzern at night, you will miss the lovely scenery between Interlaken Ost and Luzern (unless you have already travelled that way on 29 March). Sunset will be around 19:53.

>> 31st – Visit Titlis or Pilatus based on climate permits.

The cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm will not be operating, but you can go up and back on the cableway from Kriens. The Titlis gondolas will be operating.

>> 1st – Visit Rigi & Boat rides – is it one day enough or i can do someother stuffs.

Using the Swiss Timetable to plan this trip, and deciding how long you want to spend at the top will help you decide if you can do anything else on this day.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘5 day trip with family in Interlaken and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.