May 19, 2017 - 3:29 PM
Hello myswissalps moderators, thank you for putting up an excellent website. I have had fun going through it for almost a week! It has been really helpful in planning our 7 day trip to Switzerland in early September with my daughter. I have come up with a draft itinerary. I would appreciate it very much if you could review it and suggest if any modifications need to be done.
- Day 1: Arrive Zurich @ 8:15AM. Train to Lauterbrunnen via Lucerne/Interlaken Ost. Arrive Lauterbrunnen. Walk around the valley. Staubbach Falls. Go up to Murren. Stay in Lauterbrunnen 3 nights.
- Day 2: Schilthorn. Grindelwald.
- Day 3: Lake Brienz Cruise. Visit Ballenberg Open-air Museum.
- Day 4: Check out from Lauterbrunnen hotel. Train to Bern. Spend half a day in Bern. Train from Bern to Lucerne. Stay for 3 nights.
- Day 5: Mount Rigi. Cruise to Fluelen.
- Day 6: Lion Monument. Chapel Bridge. Museggmauer. Old Town Lucerne. Shopping for souvenirs and chocolates!
- Day 7: Depart Lucerne for 11AM flight from Zurich.
My queries are:
- Is my itinerary doable?
- Since, hopefully we would have been to Schilthorn, should I add Titlis to Day 6?
- Swiss train passes - you must have been asked this umpteen times! I am thinking of getting the Swiss Half Fare Card for us - based on my itinerary, would you recommend this?
Thank you everyone for taking the time to go through this.