7 days in Switzerland with 2 kids (4 and 7 y/o)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 23:33:05 #815568

Hi to all,

we are starting to plan our trip to France and Switzerland in mid July 2018. We will stay some days in France and then head to a 7 days trip in Switzerland (with a rented car). We are planning to be based most time in Luzern, as we are planning to have a 4 day flex train Swiss pass (for 2 adults, and the 2 children will travel free). I am planning to take advantage of the pass and do a 1 day visit to Rigi (with boat) and one day at Schilthorn. And I am thinking to do a 1 day visit to Pilatus or Titlis. What is more scenic?We want to do a small hiking down in one of these mountains to enjoy the mountain “on foot”, do a picninc on the way down and take a lot of pictures (we will be with 2 small kids, so it have to be maximum 30 min for an adult – and 2 hours for our crew). Which mountain do you suggest?

After these visits, we want to move to another city and do 1 day scenic train trip. This can be anywhere in Switzerland as we will have the car (and we can book a hotel anywhere). I think because of the kids, it have to be maximum 4h for the go and 4h for the way back (we will have to come back to take the car). What do you suggest? Any route that we can go in a route and come back in a different route (both scenic)?

also, my wife wants to go to a heated swimming poll with views of the mountains. We saw at the websites some very nice spas that have day use. They are expensive, but we will save a budget to do that experience. Do you suggest one? If near Luzern it will be better, but can be anywhere ( as the scenic train trip, we can be flexible to visit other cities).

After our trip to Switzerland, we will back to France and spend 1 day at Disneyland with the kids, before taking the plane back to our city.

Thank you very much for your advice. And congratulations for your forum. I took very precious information (and because of the site we decided to visit Switzerland!)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 11:04:16 #883439

Hi Alexodaash and welcome to MySwissAlps! Glad to hear we got you to come visit Switzerland!

Be sure to add-on the free Swiss Family Card when ordering the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (so the 7 year old will travel free with you).

As for mountain hikes with kids, Rigi is your best bet. You can try some hiking around the top of Pilatus or Titlis but I wouldn’t try going up or down with the kids personally.

4 hours one-way in Switzerland means you can literally go anywhere in the country. If you are looking for the trip itself to be scenic I wouldn’t take the car. Take a panoramic train trip – perhaps the Gotthard Panoramic Express train to Lugano for the day (take a fast, direct train one-way and the scenic train the other). Read about my recent trip to Lugano and area here.

As for a hotel or Spa with mountain views….I think one of the best in the country is near Lucerne actually – Villa Honegg: https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Hotel_V illa_Honegg_Ennetburge n.htm

It may not be in your budget but if it is (and it isn’t fully booked already) your wife will be happy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 16:52:31 #883440

HI Lucas,

thank you very much for your responses.

i will check everything !!! they seem very nice suggestions. it will be a very nice and pleasant trip, for sure!

thanks

Alexandre

• The thread ‘7 days in Switzerland with 2 kids (4 and 7 y/o)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.