Mountain costs Swiss Alps & avoiding line ups

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 13:43:25 #816603

Hi,

we are family of seven people traveling to Switzerland on 23 jun-30 june.Following are things we are planning to do.We have doubt regarding timing and crowd.We have Purchased 8 days swiss travel pass

23rd June-6:30am Arrival at Zurich Airport .we would like to visit Rhine fall in the morning and then leave to hotel in Lauterbrunnen .Will spend rest of evening exploring lauterbrunnen

24th June-Planning to do Jungfraujoch and Mannlichen Hike.How early we need to start to avoid waiting in queue to take ticket or board the train. i have seen some one mentioned in this forum Swiss travel pass offer more discount than early morning ticket at Jungfraujoch.But when i calculate Jungfraujoch cost 136 with swiss pass from wengen.Early morning ticket rate is 95 CHF for Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch.So that is cheaper right..?

25th June-Planning to got toSchilthorn and Blumental Panorama Trail or any other hike in murren.

26th June-We will check out early monring from lauterbrunnen and go to Brienz Rothorn.After that will go to hergsiwill and check in at Hergiswill.Rest of evening in Hergiswill

27th june-Mt pilatus and Mt Rigi

Want to know how long we need to wait in the queue to take ticket to Pilatus or best way is to do golden round trip in reverse.Pilatus is very near to our hotel,but want to avoid waiting time.

28th June-Titlis and Staserhorn

I was going through recent reviews of titlis and 90% people are not happy with huge crowd.again same question waiting period to get ticket and how early i need to reach there to avoid huge crowd to some extend.

29th June-Golden pass line travel to Montruex from Luzern. Boat trip to chillion Castle and retun to Luzern

30th June:Traveling back

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 6:04:47 #888129

Hi Ameensnet and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Let us know if you have more questions. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 0:29:56 #888130

The earlier (or later) you get to the queue at the bottom of a mountain the better.

By the way you won’t spend much time ‘exploring Lauterbrunnen’ It has one main street about 800 m long and that’s about it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 6:45:45 #888131

Thanks for the info…what are the other options to do In lauterbrunnen or near by place in the evening..?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 6:54:02 #888132

Thanks lucas…one more thing i want to check was that at bottom of each mountain there will two seperate queue ryt..one for purchasing ticket and one for train/cable car..

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 9:12:39 #888133

There aren’t separate tickets for the mountain and the transport up the mountain. You buy a ticket to get up the mountain only. Is that what you meant?

• The thread ‘Mountain costs Swiss Alps & avoiding line ups’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.