7 nights Itinerary help in a multi city trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 9:02:06 #812136

Hello, I need itinerary help to visit Zurich , zermatt, interlaken and lucern for 7 nights.

My trip will start in 2nd week of July . Me and my husband planning to get Swiss travel pass for 8 days to get peace of mind and covering most of excursions for free. I hope I can get it on Zurich airport as we are reaching there in the afternoon .

My plan is explained below, I need help and suggestions to improve it , to make most of these cities.

• Day 1) Arrival at Zurich Airport in the afternoon , will leave our luggage in the storage room at airport and will go straight to Rhine falls. Is it possible to visit it in the evening at 5-7 pm . Will then come and back to Zurich airport hotel.
    • Day2) Zurich to Zermatt by train . Need help for enjoying Attractions in zermatt( Matterhorn or cable car , four gourgonet express , which one is better) Night stay Zermatt
    • Day3) Zermatt to Chur Via Glacier Expres, Then travel to interlaken. Want to know how to reserve seats on Glacier express. How long it will take to travel from Chur to interlaken. Night stay Interlaken
    • Day4) Golden Pass line from interlaken to Montreux . Can we take a short Boat Ride to Geneva lake and then come back same Day to interlaken ? Night stay interlaken
    • Day 5) Interlaken to Laturburen . Spend some time enjoying waterfalls . Then travel to schinge plate . Is it free with travel pass and best way to cover both attractions in same day. Night stay interlaken .
    • Day 6) Golden Pass Line. Interlaken to Lucerne . Which train is golden pass , how we come to know about classic or modern golden pass line trains time table. Will keep our luggage in storage room at lucerne station . Cover Mount Pilates or Mount Rigi . Need help for which one is best and easy to go with more stunning views. Travel to Zurich . Night stay at airport hotel rumlag.
    • Day 7) Zurich to Lucerne by train . Covering local attractions , lion monument, Glacier garden , Chapel Bridge and famous wall. Go back to Zurich and take a night city tour . Night stay at Zurich airport hotel near Rumlag .
    • Day8) Zurich to Uk .12 o clock flights. Nothing possible in a short time span . I would love to appreciate kind suggestions to make it better and enjoy most parts of cities
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 June 2017 at 22:58:53 #864543

Hi Iffatt –

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Answering all of your questions will take quite a bit of time, which I don’t have atthe moment.

However, here is a start.

Look at these links:

http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress

My next step would be to look at your routing on a map:

map.search.ch/?pos=743808,155520&z=1

If you zoom in far enough, you can see rail lines.

If you go to the menus, under “Points of Interest, Traffic,” you can turn on a layer with train/bus/boat/etc. stations.

Upon first reading, my thought is that you are trying to cram too many things into the time available. However, to back that up, and really understand it, I’d need to look at the map and find the journey times in the timetable. You can do that , too.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

By the way, I am amongst the minority of visitors who don’t think the Rhinefalls is worth the trip. many disagree, but that is my opinion. I’ve seen a lot of waterfalls elsewhere, and I’d rather see things that are more uniquely Swiss.

And, as a general rule, Luzern makes a good first stop. However, if you go directly to Zermatt upon arrival, you’ll have some extra time to get the lay of the land and understand your sightseeing options. I could make your short stay in Zermatt more rewarding.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 7:23:24 #864544

Hi Iffat!

Here are a few more links to help in your trip planning and deciding on what to do in the towns you want to visit:

I hope that helps with your planning! If you have more questions and concerns, let us know!

Lucas

• The thread ‘7 nights Itinerary help in a multi city trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.