9 Trip to Switzerland & 2 Day Paris Trip — Sight

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2014 at 3:27:03 #806663

Dear Arno & Annika

Your forum is really amazing and you guys are great in providing really helpful information..

Me and My Wife (5 Months Pregnant) are planning a trip to Paris & Switzerland :-

Here is our Itinerary :-

October 3 — Arrive in Paris from San Francisco + Sigh Seeing Paris

October 4 — Sight Seeing Paris

October 5 — Travel from Paris — Geneva

We are planning to take TGV form Paris to Geneva

Need Help here to Stay Geneva or Travel to Montreux?

We are planning to take train from Montreux to Zermatt next day..

October 6 —

Montreux — Zermatt (Train)

Visit Matterhorn etc. Signtseeing in Zermatt

Overnight in Zermatt

October 7 —

Zermatt — Montreux Train

Montreux Sightseeing

October 8

Montruex — Interlaken (Golden Pass Train) Via Zweissmen

Can you suggest if we can do or some other scenic places like Gstaad during this journey?

October 9

Sight seeing Interlaken

October 10

Sight Seeing Interlaken

October 11

Sight Seeing Inetrlaken/Lucerne

Reach Lucerne Overnight

October 12

Sight Seeing Lucerne

October 13

Sight Seeing Lucerne

October 14

Sight Seeing Zurich, Rhine Falls etc..

Zurich Shopping

October 15

Flight back from Zurich to San Francisco

Would be really helpful if you could help us confer scenic sight seeing we can cover all above places.

Since my wife is pregnant, we might not be able to a lot of cable cars etc.. and will limit ourselves to lot of scenic areas..

Also Can you please suggest some adventure stuff around Interlaken area like Hand Gliding etc?

Also can you suggest the best train pass for us since we are planning to do all destinations via train

Thanks in advance for your helpful..

Regards

Chintan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 September 2014 at 4:52:25 #841151

Hi Chintan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thanks for your compliments. Congratulations on the upcoming baby!

Most tourists would prefer Montreux over Geneva. It’s smaller and closer to the mountains. I recommend to go straight to Zermatt after arrival, and then go back to Montreux to stay there once. Staying in Montreux twice takes more time checking in and out of hotels. That time is better spend sightseeing.

Tips for sightseeing can be found through any of our region/town pages, such as the ones I just linked to. These pages are also good starting points:

Paragliding is popular around Interlaken, but there’s also rafting and other sports. You’d better inquire with one of the companies organizing this, e.g. http://www.paragliding-interlaken.ch.

A 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass fits your plans: you would use the free travel days on October 5 (assuming you’ll go straight to Zermatt), 7, 8 and 14. Trips on the days in between will be discounted with this pass. All details are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissflexipass. If you order quickly you can still get a $50 discount on your pass (only online!) as you can see here and here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2014 at 6:26:44 #841152

Hi Arno

Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted to clarify few things :-

1. Does the Swiss Flexi Saver Pass work with Golden Pass Train (Montreux-Zwissmein-Interlaken-Lucerne)?

2. Does it work for train from Paris to Geneva?

3. Also can you suggest few boat cruises and sunset views?

Thanks Again

Chintan

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 September 2014 at 7:23:57 #841153

Hi Chintan,

1. Sure, it works for all trains in Switzerland. You can see the details if you download the map from the Swiss Flexi Pass page I linked to in my last post.
    2. No, that’s in France. You need a point to point ticket for that. Note that you don’t need to stick to Geneva as the point of entry. Just consult the timetable for the best connection from Paris to Zermatt (or whichever destination you choose for the first day). Then book the ticket to Geneva or Basel here along with the discounted pass. You can use your pass for the Swiss leg (from Basel or Geneva onwards); no tickets or reservations required here.
    3. All boat information is listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/b oat. Lake Briez, Lake Thun and Lake Lucerne make sense with your itinerary. They’re all beautiful, so you’d better make your choice based on the weather and available time when there. All of then are 50% reduced on the non free travel days, and free on the travel days of the pass.
  • The thread ‘9 Trip to Switzerland & 2 Day Paris Trip — Sight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.