A change on Swiss Pass validation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2014 at 0:25:39 #806751

Hi! I have ordered three Swiss Pass ( Youth under 26 years, 2 class, 3 days) through swissrailways , but I accidentally made a mistake on its validity date. I entered 1st January, 2015 as the first day to use the pass but actually we need to start using it on 2nd January, 2015 , because we are planning to take the Goldenpass Line to get to Geneva on 4th January, 2015.

Is it possible to change the validity date on the passes to start on a different date? We would need them to start the day after. I bought the passes at 04.12.2014 about 18:00, which is 2 days before. It is possible to change the validity date now? And how would it work?

Also, I was wondering if someone at the rail station could manually change them?

Thank you so much!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 December 2014 at 9:48:58 #841380

Hi lolinghan,

I’m sure there must be a way to fix this. However, I am not sure which pass you have purchased. There is no 3-day Swiss Pass. There is a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass, but that one does not have a youth option. And there are the new Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Both of these have a 3-day option and a youth option, so I expect it’s one of those. If it’s the flex pass, then you should see 3 blank fields on the pass where you can fill out your travel dates. So you can simply write January 2 in the first field. If it’s not the flex pass, the start date needs to be changed but you can’t do that yourself. I recommend to contact the Swiss Railways to determine the pass type and check how to solve this. Their contact information can be found here.

If there’s anything else I can do, feel free to let me know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2014 at 12:07:07 #841381

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, you don’t know how much I appreciate!!!

I think what I have ordered is the Swiss Travel Pass with 3 consecutive days, which is the newest version of Swiss Pass that poped out when I ordered it online.

I was wondering if the tickets are already sent out or not, cause it has been 3 days since I ordered it. If they have been sent out, will it still be possible to change the start date?

Below is a part of the confirmation letter I got after the ordering, hope that helps.

Thanks you so much again!!!

———————————————————————————————————————————-Many thanks for your order.

Your order is being processed and will be sent to you by the requested mode of dispatch. We will send out the documents as soon as possible, at the latest 2 till 3 weeks prior to your departure.

Billing & delivery address
    ——————————–

Payment information
    ——————————–

Shopping cart
    ——————————–
    3 x Swiss Pass
    Youth under 26 years | 3 Days | 2. Class | 01.01.2015 | EUR 150.00

Delivery information
    ——————————–
    Type of delivery: TNT Express: Order must be completed at least 3 working days prior to departure. Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on our number +41 (0) 43 210 55 00. Our office is open fromMonday to Friday, from 08.00 to 18.00.

Still looking for the right accommodation? Visit our hotel website http://www.myswitzerland.com/hotels.

We wish you a pleasant stay in Switzerland.

Best regards

STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG
    Binzstrasse 38, P.O. Box
    CH-8045 Zurich
    Fax +41 (0)43 210 55 01
    [email protected]
    http://www.stc.ch

STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG is a company owned by hotelleriesuisse, Switzerland Tourism and SBB – The Swiss Railway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2014 at 12:32:12 #841382

Hi Arno,

I have just contacted the Swiss Railway to ask how to solve the problem, luckily they still have our Swiss Travel Pass with them and the person who answered my call said she will see if she can change it for me just like that and will call me back on Monday if there is any problem.

Thank you so much for your generous help once again!!!

Heather

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 December 2014 at 19:22:18 #841383

Hi Heather,

This sounds like all will be fine. I’m glad to hear that! I hope you will have a wonderful time in Switzerland. Should you have time to report back about your trip that would be great. You can do so in the Trip Reports forum.

Enjoy the train rides!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2014 at 15:53:51 #841384

Hi Arno,

I have my swiss travel passes corrected at last, and they just arrived today!! It only takes 3 days to transport them to Spain. I can finally relax and start to prepare myself for the journey now:) Thank you so much for your generous help!!

Heather

• The thread ‘A change on Swiss Pass validation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.