Lauterbrunnen - what to see and do

Lauterbrunnen - what to see and do

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
SueJTaylor
SueJTaylor
1 post
Feb 12, 2017 - 8:48 AM

Hi, we will be travelling to Zurich on 25 May 2017 and then going to Lautebrunnen the same day as we are staying at the Hotel Silberhorn for 4 nights. Would love some advice from all the experienced travellers re:

1. Do I need to book the train from Zurich to Lautebrunnen in advance.

2. Would I benefit purchasing the 50% Swiss rail pass prior to this trip.

3. Now for some great advice: what sort of itinerary would all propose for myself and husband.

Thanks in advance

Lucas
Lucas
3103 posts
expert &
Feb 12, 2017 - 10:10 AM in reply to SueJTaylor

Hi SueJTaylor and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Here are some answers to your questions.

1) No reservations are needed on any Swiss trains (except some panoramic trains).

2) I think you mean the Swiss Half-Fare Card? It could indeed be beneficial for you yes. As could the Swiss Travel Pass. Take look at our page on how to choose the best Swiss rail pass to help you.

3) Before we can offer suggestions for you please let us know what you and your husband like to do and see. Be sure to read through our page on Lauterbrunnen for ideas and suggestions on what to see and do as well.

Regards,
Lucas

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3628 posts
expert
Feb 12, 2017 - 3:03 PM in reply to SueJTaylor

Hi Sue -

These link may give you some ideas, as well:

www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

I believe that May 25th is the first day that the cable cars and the Schynige Platte train are running, At high altitudes (above Lauterbrunnen) a lot of winter will remain. In the valley, a lot of snow will have melted. Do not be surprised if you find some of the hotels and restaurants closed until mid-June.

The trail from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg opens in mid-June, unless the snow pack has been light and the weather unusually warm.

www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg

Other trails at lower altitudes will be open.

This map is good for altitudes and hikes:

map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&route=all&bgLa yer=pk&layers=Wanderla nd&resolution=20&X=634 160&Y=159400

Slowpoke

Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017