Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Advise for 4 nights in Zermatt 1 nights in Zurich

Advise for 4 nights in Zermatt 1 nights in Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
elsacheng
elsacheng
3 posts
Sep 18, 2015 - 4:57 PM

Hi

We will arrive Zurich 6:10 then head to Zermatt for 4 nights from 5 Oct. Planned to buy 3-days peak pass - 1 day to Gornergrat, 1 day to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise & Schwarzsee and 1 day to Rothorn Paradise & take 5-Seenweg from Blauherd.

However, just noted Sunnegga - Blauherd - Rothorn no longer operate from 5.10.2015. Can I still take 5-Seenweg to visit the 5 lakes? Is there any suggestions for our stays in Zermatt? We are not experienced hiker but do plan for hiking. Is Randa - Täsch worth a visit as that is included in the peak pass?

We will then head to Zurich for 1 night before flying out to Ljbuljana 14:30 on 10 Oct, any suggestion for our day in Zurich?

We think Swiss Transfer Ticket is our choice.

Thanks for any advise you may have.

Annika
Annika
6110 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2015 - 1:34 PM

Hi elsacheng!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket is indeed the best option for the journeys between Zurich and Zermatt. Purchase options are listed at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket/pric e. Customers from Hong Kong can best order through www.raileurope-world.com.

If you're visiting in October, hiking options may be limited. Zermatt is located at high altitude, so snow may set in early and block higher hiking trails. The 5-Seenweg is generally not suited for October. Valley hikes shouldn't be a problem yet, like Herbriggen-Täsch, Furi-Zermatt and Täsch-Zermatt. You could also try if trails along the Gornergrat line are still open, like Rotenboden-Riffelalp. The local tourist agency will be able to tell you about current trail conditions.

Tips for activities in Zurich can be found at www.myswissalps.com/zu rich. You may want to consider a 24 hour ZurichCARD.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 5:10 PM by Arno
elsacheng
elsacheng
3 posts
Sep 19, 2015 - 11:18 PM in reply to Annika

Annika

Thanks for your reply, I will check with local tourist information when I get to Zermatt. Hope I can still have some hiking with great views then.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019