Advice on a 3.5 day stay in Lauterbrunnen please

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 14:16:52 #812084

Hello,

Planning to reach Zurich Flughafen on 26-Sep by 09.40 hours. The itinerary I am planning is as below :

26-Sep – Reach Lauterbrunnen by 13.30 hours and check into hotel

26-Sep – Trummelbach and Staubacch falls (15.00 hrs – 19.00 hrs)

27-Sep – Cover Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald (08.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs)

28-Sep – Bern (attractions in and around Bern) – (08.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs)

29-Sep – Lucerne and Mount Titlis – (08.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs)

30-Sep – Depart Lauterbrunnen to Bern to Paris by train

Please guide me if the above coverage looks feasible and suggest a suitable family pass that would take care of this itinerary – We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children – 16 yr + 10 yr)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 15:59:26 #864345

Hi Shivaraman and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think your itinerary looks pretty set and good!

28-Sept–> I’d be tempted to stay in the Jungfrau region rather than go to Bern (unless there is something there you want to see specifically?) It is a nice city for sure, so it depends on what you want to see. Other closer options would be Thun and Lake Thun or Lake Brienz – just a thought!

30-Sept –> You will change at Basel, not Bern (not sure if that’s what you thought though!) just an FYI.

As for passes the Swiss Travel Pass for the 2 adults and 1 Swiss Family Card (ordered at the same time for free) will cover your 10 year old. If your oldest will be 16 at time of travel you will need to buy a Swiss Travel Pass Youth. You would then need to buy a ticket from Basel to Paris only.

The other option for you to compare is the Regional Pass- Bernese Oberland. You would need to buy point to point tickets from Zurich to Bern and from Bern to Paris. Otherwise you buy 3 passes for the adults and the 16 year old and the flat rate child’s pass price for the Bernese Oberland for 30chf for the 10 year old.

Lucas

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    2 June 2017 at 21:57:50 #864346

Sep 26: Trümmelbach Falls closes at 17:00, you will need to enter by 16:00

Sep 29: Lauterbrunnen to Mt Titlis (I’m assuming you want to do the Titlis Rotair?) is 3.5 to 4 hours each way

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 3:42:07 #864347

Dear Lucas – Thank you for the advise – LakeThun and lake Brienz good suggestion.

Dear Kim – You provided me a valuable information – Thanks

• The thread ‘Advice on a 3.5 day stay in Lauterbrunnen please’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.