Advise on best travel passes for 8 days October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2016 at 9:49:49 #809284

Hi, appreciate your advise on best travel passes for my proposed itinerary below. We are 2 adults travelling. Read the rail pass options and from my understanding, I reckon the Swiss Travel 8 Day passes suits our programme. However, would like to validate as I’m still not sure and have some questions.

4 Oct 2016 : 0700 hrs Arrive Zurich Airport – Train to Zurich City Centre

12 noon Sightseeing in Zurich

5 Oct 2016

0900 hrs Rhine Falls – Do we have discounts using the Swiss Rail Pass if we travel form Zürich HB to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall

p.m. Travel to Luzern – Can we use our Swiss Rail Pass to travel Intercity?

6 Oct 2016

0900 hrs Mt Pilatus

Lake Luzern Can we use our travel pass for the mountain railway & cable car, and boat ride at Lake Luzern? If not, are we entitled for discounts?

7 Oct 2016

0900 hrs Visit Berne – Can we use our Swiss Rail Pass to travel Intercity?

8 Oct Lauterbrunnen – Can we use our Swiss Rail Pass to travel Intercity?

9 Oct Visit Jungfraujoch Can we use our travel pass for the mountain railway & cable car? If not, are we entitled for discounts?

10 Oct Travel to Geneva Can we use our Swiss Rail Pass to travel Intercity?

10 Oct p.m Sightseeing in Geneva

11 Oct Travel to Paris TGV (Euro Railways)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 May 2016 at 13:24:46 #852371

Hi Sandyah,

I agree that the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass would fit your plans well. The only other option I see is the Swiss Half Fare Card. This is less flexible as you would have to buy tickets for each trip, but all in all it might be slightly cheaper. You’d have to do the math to be sure.

The Swiss Travel Pass basically includes all city to city traveling, including the trip to the Rheinfall. Attractions like mountain railways are included, although some are free as well. Please see the Where it's valid section of our Swiss Travel Pass page. It includes the major attractions, and also has a downloadable map with all the details.

The Swiss Travel Pass also includes many museums, and boats as well (you may want to include a boat trip on the first day in Zurich). You can print the pass at home through several websites listed here.

From Geneva, you can take the TGV Lyria to Paris. Tickets can be booked through any of the sites listed here.

• The thread ‘Advise on best travel passes for 8 days October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.