Basel to Jungfraujoch train & rail pass help

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ferrariflag1
ferrariflag1
1 post
Sep 11, 2018 - 11:38 AM

Hi,

we are planning to visit Jungfraujoch from Basel on 30th of September. We want to go from Interlaken-Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch and on return to stop to Wengen. After a research I think that if I buy Jungfrau Travel Pass(185 CHF) it will the cheapest option. My question is where can I buy it from and is it possible to buy it directly there? And is it the cheapest way to achieve our journey plan ?

Any advice will be helpful to me. Thank you very much for the help !

Lucas
Lucas
8909 posts
expert &
Sep 11, 2018 - 3:06 PM in reply to ferrariflag1

Hi ferrariflag1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A round-trip ticket to Jungfraujoch Basel is around 150/160chf one-way. You can find prices and schedules for the trains on the timetable here: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. The first price you see is the half-fare price (www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard) so you need to double it for the regular fare.

Do you have a rail pass of any sort for your trip? That will help you get discounts to Jungfraujoch and other activities. Read here for more details: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses
If you are spending your holiday in the Jungfrau region, have a look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass as an option: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass

If it's just this one round trip, buying a Swiss Half Fare Card will save you around CHF 45: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

Last modified on Sep 13, 2018 - 3:29 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018