Best itinerary from 07 to 10 October 2015

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2015 at 15:17:46 #807973

I am travelling with my sister reaching Zurich on 7 oct noon till 10 oct. we take a flight back to Delhi on 11 oct at noon.

I would like to visit :

Jungfrau mountain/ mount titilis, riggi, pilatus

and travel on glacier express

any suggesstions?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 September 2015 at 8:00:56 #846222

Hello amita, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your list of plans is pretty long for a 4 day stay. The most relaxed option would be to base yourself in Lucerne and make day trips from there. Titlis, Rigi and Pilatus can all be easily reached from Lucerne. The Jungfraujoch is doable too, although it’s a long day trip. You can best check traveling times using the timetable, and study the ‘Route’ sections at the pages I linked to.

The Glacier Express is too far for day trip from Lucerne, so if you definitely want to include it, you’d have to opt for another kind of itinerary crossing the country, rather than making base trips from one town. In this case, you could start with one or two days in Lucerne, than travel to Interlaken and do the Jungfraujoch trip, and then head for Zermatt to board the Glacier Express. This would be quite a full scheme though.

These general planning tips may be of help as well.

I suggest you look into rail passes. A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass will probably be the most convenient option. Tips on how to find the right one, including a downloadable overview, can be found at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2015 at 9:05:07 #846223

Thank you Annika for prompt reply.

But, I would be based in Zurich! need to take day trips from Zurich only.’

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2015 at 3:13:00 #846224

hi just saw your post , we just returned from an 8 day trip from swiss ,from pune .

what you are trying to do is too much , better to do less and spend more time

at few selected spots .. and let the atmosphere take you in , these are pretty places .

staying in zurich is point less because from the airport you take a train and get to luzern

in 1 hour plus and save time to and fro to zurich . and reduce your excursion timings and travel fatigue .

Doing titlis , jungfrau and pilatus is also too much in the time available … reqst think again ..

pilatus is must as it gives you all modes of transport in one trip , fabulous it is. …..

suggest take it easy , just going round lucern and taking in the veiws and fresh air after delhi will be relaxing .

enjoy and be happy while you are there .

• The thread ‘Best itinerary from 07 to 10 October 2015’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.