Best pass: RT Zurich-Gimmelwald + Berner Oberland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 13, 2012 - 11:39 PM
Hi,
I will be traveling alone in Switzerland as follows from Sept 2 to Sept 7:
- Sept 2: Public transportation from Zurich airport to Gimmelwald. (I will stay overnight in Gimmelwald the nights of Sept 2 to Sept 5.)
- Sept 2 to 6: Various trains, cable cars, lifts, funiculars, buses to get to mountain views in the Berner Oberland, such as train to Kleine Scheidegg and gondola to Mannlichen. Also in Berner Oberland I may take public transportation to beginning points of hikes/bike rides, or from end points of hikes/bike rides.
- Sept 6: Public transportation from Gimmelwald back to hotel around Zurich (don't know which hotel yet)
- Sept 7: Travel from Zurich-area hotel to Zurich airport

What would be the best travel pass or passes to buy for this travel on these dates? Thanks! :-)
Arno
Arno
13951 posts
expert &
Aug 14, 2012 - 2:00 AM
Hi Darum,

Pricewise, there won't be much difference between the Swiss Card and the Swiss Half Fare Card. The Swiss Card includes your transfers to Gimmelwald and back to Zurich, and a 50% discount on further tickets. You may have to pay the full price for the short trip to the airport on September 7 (some hotels have a free airport shuttle). The Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount on all trips.

Another option would be the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. This would be the better choice if you plan to make longer trips, or if calculations shows that it's cheaper.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:31 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019