Rail pass Jungfrau region without car in December

Rail pass Jungfrau region without car in December

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
CaseyPete17
CaseyPete17
4 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 6:33 PM

I am travelling to the Jungfrau in early December and will be there only two nights, three days. I want to experience the Jungfraubahn. I may want to use other cable cars, railways, etc. I would like the flexibility to see different villages. What is the best rail pass - transportation pass or Jungfrau Top Ski Region Pass?

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2017 - 7:02 PM

Hi CaseyPete17,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Jungfrau Travel Pass may fit your needs. This particular pass is for summer only, but there is a winter variant called "Jungfrau Region Hiking and & Sledging Pass". Note that it only covers (most of) that area. Be sure to consider your transportation to and from the region as well. The Swiss Half Fare Card might be another option to consider. I haven't heard of the passes you mentioned. Are you sure of those names?

CaseyPete17
CaseyPete17
4 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 7:07 PM

Both of the passes I mentioned in my original post were mentioned in Frommer's Switzerland Guide Book. I have thought about the Swiss Pass, as I will be traveling other places in Switzerland. I will be coming from Zurich - Bern and going to Buchs for Lichenstein.

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2017 - 7:11 PM

Hi CaseyPete17,

Ok, thanks for letting me know. If that book is a bit older it might use pass names that are no longer accurate. Also, the "SwissPass" is not for tourists anymore, only for Swiss residents. The Swiss Travel Pass however might be a very good choice if you are traveling in other parts of Switzerland too. That one, or the Swiss Half Fare Card is usually the best option in such a case.

CaseyPete17
CaseyPete17
4 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 7:14 PM

Does The Swiss Travel Pass offer discounts on the Jungfraubahn or any other transports in the Bernese Oberland?

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2017 - 7:18 PM in reply to CaseyPete17

Yes, sure, a lot is included for free and most other transport is discount. You can download the map from the Swiss Travel Pass page (click "Where it's valid").

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018