Rail pass Jungfrau region without car in December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:33:56 #812862

I am travelling to the Jungfrau in early December and will be there only two nights, three days. I want to experience the Jungfraubahn. I may want to use other cable cars, railways, etc. I would like the flexibility to see different villages. What is the best rail pass – transportation pass or Jungfrau Top Ski Region Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 August 2017 at 19:02:04 #867950

Hi CaseyPete17,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Jungfrau Travel Pass may fit your needs. This particular pass is for summer only, but there is a winter variant called “Jungfrau Region Hiking and & Sledging Pass”. Note that it only covers (most of) that area. Be sure to consider your transportation to and from the region as well. The Swiss Half Fare Card might be another option to consider. I haven’t heard of the passes you mentioned. Are you sure of those names?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 19:07:27 #867951

Both of the passes I mentioned in my original post were mentioned in Frommer’s Switzerland Guide Book. I have thought about the Swiss Pass, as I will be traveling other places in Switzerland. I will be coming from Zurich – Bern and going to Buchs for Lichenstein.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 August 2017 at 19:11:46 #867952

Hi CaseyPete17,

Ok, thanks for letting me know. If that book is a bit older it might use pass names that are no longer accurate. Also, the “SwissPass” is not for tourists anymore, only for Swiss residents. The Swiss Travel Pass however might be a very good choice if you are traveling in other parts of Switzerland too. That one, or the Swiss Half Fare Card is usually the best option in such a case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 19:14:36 #867953

Does The Swiss Travel Pass offer discounts on the Jungfraubahn or any other transports in the Bernese Oberland?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 August 2017 at 19:18:15 #867954

Yes, sure, a lot is included for free and most other transport is discount. You can download the map from the Swiss Travel Pass page (click “Where it’s valid”).

• The thread ‘Rail pass Jungfrau region without car in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.