Best way to travel from Interlaken to Venice Mestr

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2013 at 4:28:57 #805861

Hi, I have planned a trip from Swiss to Venice. I made an enquiry with SBB for train ticket from Interlaken to Venice Mestre. I can’t able to book online or unable to see fare. In website, I was just asked to book an order. I made the order. May I know how much fare will be for this travel.

Can you suggest us the best way to travel from Interlaken to Venice Mestre? We have planned to leave on 28th March from Interlaken by evening and to reach Venice next day morning.

Expecting your good advice.

-srirajesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2013 at 8:52:29 #838256

Hi srirajesh,

I don’t know the rates of the SBB for this trip. If I understand you correctly, you did not order and pay yet, but just requested a quote. There are other resellers of such tickets as well, so you may want to look into those. They provide a price immediately. Where are you from? This link leads to the local reseller for India.

The timetable allows you to find all train services to Venice.

Does this answer help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2013 at 11:22:26 #838257

Thanks for your reply.

Though I am from India, presently I am in Norway. I am planning a short Europe trip with my family for a week. As a part of my itinerary, I have a planned travel from Interlaken to Venice.
    Now I have planned to go Venice via Milan rather than to touch Munich. Instead of travelling over night, I planned to stay at Milan. I booked the tickets through SBB.ch and preferred to collect the tickets via DHL. As per their information, I will receive the tickets in 4 days.

From Interlaken to Speiz, whether I need to book ticket online or get the ticket directly at the station?
    Also, I planned to go Jungfraujoch. I planned to take train early morning from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch. By afternoon, planned to return Interlaken. Later I have the plan to catch the Speiz train. For this one day, which pass will be better. Half-fare travel card for one day or any other pass?

-srirajesh

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2013 at 14:36:07 #838258

Hello srirajesh,

A Swiss Half Fare Card would have given you 50% off of the Jungfrau trip and also on the leg from Interlaken to Domodossola on your way to Milan and Venice. However, it seems that you already have a full priced ticket for Spiez to Italy; it’s not worth buying the card for just the Jungfraujoch and the transfer to Spiez. Your cheapest option is regular tickets, which can be purchased in Interlaken. You don’t have to book in advance.

This overview of hotels near the Interlaken rail stations may come in handy.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip across Europe!

• The thread ‘Best way to travel from Interlaken to Venice Mestr’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.