Buchs SG to Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn in November

• raul007
    Participant
    1 post
    7 October 2022 at 2:58:05 #828487

Hello everyone,

Would greatly appreciate some advice.

I will be on a business trip to Feldkirch, Austria and Buchs, Saint Gallen, Switzerland in November. I will have 1 weekend to myself.

Given that I get off from work on Friday around 4 pm, I am planning to travel to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn for the weekend.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on the following:

I) What would be the best travel route for me given that I start from Buchs, St. Gallen?

ii) Should I get the Swiss Travel Pass?

iii) Would it be possible to cover Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn on the Saturday and visit some other place on Sunday? If yes, where should I go?

Thank you & best regards,

Raul

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    7 October 2022 at 7:31:31 #947667

Hi Raul,

Welcome to MySwissAlps. Thanks for joining the forum.

A single journey from Buchs SG to the top of Jungraujoch takes about 5.5 hours. My personal suggestion would be to leave on Friday evening and travel to Interlaken and spend a night (or two) there. There are plenty of accommodation options in Interlaken: http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken/hotels

From Interlaken, you can visit Jungfraujoch in the morning and still have enough time to visit Schilthorn in the afternoon. You can find details on how to get to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn from Interlaken in the following links:

Based on your plans, you might want to consider getting a Swiss Travel Pass. With the Swiss Travel Pass, you can travel for free on Swiss public transport and enjoy discounted travel on mountain transportation. More details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

In your case, travel from Buchs SG to Interlaken is covered, and your mountain excursions to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn are discounted. Currently there is promotion on the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass. It is available at 30% discount until 31st October. You can find the promotion here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions

Hope this helps.

regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2022 at 19:17:36 #947668

I completely agree with Anna. If you leave Buchs SG at 16.15, you can get to Interlaken by 19.26

If the weather forecast for Interlaken / Jungfrau is not good, or you want to go somewhere closer then head towards Chur and St Moritz

• The thread ‘Buchs SG to Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.