Buchs to St. Moritz train ticket purchasing issues

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 6:24:27 #824542

Just tried to purchase my advance ticket(60 days from today) for travel January 25 2020 Buchs to St Moritz, tried several morning trains but only tickets available are 1st Class, and SSDP is $49, ….so is everyone in Switzerland on this day travelling from Buchs to St Moritz in the morning ?????

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 7:17:18 #925662

This is ridiculous….re the above post…..you dont get a chance to buy supersaver tickets SBB say there are none available and I tried at 1am swiss time, now I am trying to buy ticket Buchs-Samedan, out in all the details inc fact Ive got Half Fare Card, go to credit card details, put everything and it comes back telling me there is an error, but wont say what the error is…. crazy place…..and it seems the world cup ice polo on the weekend we booked into St Moritz, might give this a miss, as it is I cant even buy a train ticket…if i knew the reason why there is an error be fine…emails to SBB get answered in 2-3 days time, not happy much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 10:35:22 #925663

Hello TonyW,

I can literally hear the frustration building up in you! What a pity this is isn’t working out.

Are you trying to purchase the ticket via SBB webpage? This page is geared more for Swiss residents and can thus create issues when using it from abroad sometimes.
    Have you tried getting your ticket via below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland halffare, you said you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, right?
    (Otherwise http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland)

When I look up the journey you’re looking for on the SBB webpage I can find a CHF 39.00 2nd class “SparTageskarte”, SSDP as you call it!

Hope this helps. Keep up updated if we can support further.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 12:05:56 #925664

Problem solved after 12 minute call australia-switzerland to support at sbb worked out it was google chrome, switched to firefox and problem solved. still only 1st class to st moritz at 49 but managed 2nd class to samaden for 26 on same day then 3cf bus to st moritz. in panic stations for a while as have about 5 tickets to buy next few days.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 12:40:18 #925665

Glad to hear you found the solution!

Enjoy preparing your trip.

Best,
    Steph

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 November 2019 at 20:12:27 #925666

You should be using the SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi). Wave browser issues goodbye.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 21:05:16 #925667

Thats correct this morning i tried buchs st moritz in mobile app and could buy 2nd class saver for 24chf yet on pc using firefox only 1st class available but i already bought bbuchs samedan st moritz for 28chf

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 November 2019 at 21:17:51 #925668

Hi Tony,

The SBB mobile app is the only way to travel. But I am also seeing same 2nd class fare (Buchs to St. Moritz) on SBB website using Safari on Mac.

Don’t expect the 60-day availability window to open precisely to the minute. Things get screwed up by varying time zones unless you are in the same time zone as Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 21:55:31 #925669

Yes app best to book but bit hard to print tickets for the 2 if us

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 November 2019 at 22:02:33 #925670

You don’t need to print tickets. Just display tickets on your phone. Conducter just scans bar-code.

If you feel you must print then use same logon I’d for phone and app. Once you buy on app you can display tickets and print on PC.

You don’t need internet access on the move to show purchased tickets on phone. They are stored on your device.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2019 at 22:11:41 #925671

Thats all very well, unless you were born in 1951, sometimes old school ways best, i might lose my phone, with printed ticket I make 2 copies, I keep 1 my wife keeps 1 that way we never miss out, bit like that odd thing called “cash” or folding money. actual money you can hold and look at LOL

• The thread ‘Buchs to St. Moritz train ticket purchasing issues’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.