Can the Jungfrau Travel Pass sell out?

• Karen_adelso
    Participant
    3 posts
    29 April 2023 at 19:04:20 #829716

Hello, I’m going to travel to Switzerland with my family, and I have postponed buying Jungfraugh Travel Pass (3 days) to wait on weather condition. Is it not a good idea to buy this a few days prior? Can the pass be sold out?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2023 at 22:36:06 #953881

Mountain trains and cable cars never ‘sell out’. If you wait until the day (for the weather) which is recommend, just join the queuing system that applies to mountain transport

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    29 April 2023 at 22:55:49 #953882

Hi Karen adelso,

To the best of my knowledge they won’t run out of passes, so you can buy at any time. However, you should wait until the day of, before buying any mountain top excursion tix. (Especially the Jungfraujoch, since they are quite expensive.) The reason being that if there’s bad weather, you’ll be stuck with them and again the Jungfraujoch, in particular, is not worth seeing if bad weather. The region is a fairly vast one and other excursions can be seen if weather is not good. Boat rides on both lakes, other mountains, Thun, Brienz, etc. I’m not sure your plans, but have you looked into the Oberland Pass? That pass is valid for quite a bit in the area. Other folks will probably chime in with more advice and links. You may want to mention when you’re going, where you may want to stay, what your travel interests are (hiking, just sightseeing, etc). FYI, Wengen is a car free village, quiet, and very scenic. Also only a train ride away from Kleine Scheidegg, one of two entry points for the Jungfraujoch. Grindelwald is beautiful, but a bit more busy. Murren is beautiful, but best for a day trip, as it’s somewhat out of the way. Interlaken is nice too, but more busy than Grindelwald. And Lauterbrunnen is quite beautiful, down n the valley. All depends on ones interests. I hope this may help in some way. Have a great trip.

Regards,

Danielsan

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    30 April 2023 at 12:17:44 #953883

Hello Karen adelso,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

That’s great you are Switzerland bound in July.

The Jungfrau Travel Passes are not limited. You can read all about it here, its coverage, there are also suggested points of sale. My only tip here is if you wanted to visit the Jungfraujoch on a clear day. This is when it can get quite busy. For this I would maybe buy the tickets in advance but once you have checked the weather forecast.

Also, if you intending to travel further afar outside the Jungfrau region, it maybe worth considering other regional rail passes or even the Swiss Travel Pass. There is also a current promotion for the Swiss Travel Pass at the moment, till May 14th for travel from now till November 13th, 2023. More details below:

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    30 April 2023 at 12:27:09 #953884

Thank you Danielsan as always for your contributions.

Karen_adelso
    Participant
    3 posts
    13 May 2023 at 18:09:09 #953880

Thank you Yolanda and Danielsan!

• The thread ‘Can the Jungfrau Travel Pass sell out?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.