Child travelling with aunt on Swiss Travel Pass

Child travelling with aunt on Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
sydneyjen
sydneyjen
8 posts
May 3, 2017 - 9:43 AM

I am taking my 15 year old nephew (same surname) on a trip to switzerland. Can he travel for free on the family card with my rail pass? thanks

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 9:54 AM in reply to sydneyjen

Hi Sydneyjen,

No. BUT there is a Children's Co-travelcard that is 30chf and allows children to travel free with you as long as you have a valid ticket. You can read all about the terms and conditions here.

It must be bought at an SBB rail office in Switzerland and there is a promotion now lasting until Jan.31 2018 that the price is only 15chf (children 5 up to their 16th birthday).

Lucas

sydneyjen
sydneyjen
8 posts
May 3, 2017 - 11:20 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas for the information - Just to confirm, this will work if i have a rail pass? (not an individual ticket for the journey)

also can i buy this on the internet or only once we arrive at Zurich airport.

thanks

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 5:42 PM in reply to sydneyjen

Yes any valid ticket or pass.

You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass online (and a few others) is that what you have?

You have to buy the Children's Co-travelcard at a SBB ticket office - which you can find at Zurich airport.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017