Hello, I'll be travelling to Europe in early October. I'll be landing in Zurich & my base will be Konstanz. From there I plan on taking day trips to Zurich, Basel, Rigi & Stanserhorn using the 4-day flex swiss travel pass.
1) For the flex pass, I believe I can only either order it online or buy it from the station (no print at home option). Since my flight is landing at 6:20 am, am I better off ordering it online & having it deliver to my address in Konstanz? Or should I buy at the Zurich staion? My concern is whether it'll be open or not & how much time it'll take (since in morning hours, I guess lot of international flights arrive).
2) If I'm buying it online, is this the "official" site for international visitors- www.swissrailways.com/ en ? Strangely, if you order from the sbb site, it says delivery charges are 89 CHF, very high when you compare to the swissrailways one (12 CHF to Germany).
3) Any idea whether one can buy the flex travel pass at the Konstanz station? I guess you need to have a manned SBB booth for that.
4) On the SBB site, it says 'if you hold a swiss travel pass flex, you have to enter the date of your next travel day into the blank field prior to the travel day.' What exactly does 'next travel day' mean here? Like when I buy the pass, they ask for the 1st date of travel. So, when I travel on that first day, would I have to put the 2nd travel date beforehand as well? And then when travelling on the second day, put the third travel date?
Is it simply that you put the travel date as & when you travel? Like, before travelling the 2nd time, put that 2nd day's date. Then similarly for 3rd & 4th dates.
5) When I'll buy the pass, how does it work when I eventually travel? Example, for Mt. Rigi, do I have to show the travel pass at the ticket counter & they'll give me a ticket or should I simply board the train? Similarly, at the free Mueseums, should I straight away enter or go to the ticket counter first?
6) Is there any advantage in buying early? Asking because some of the "normal" train tickets have supersaver option if you book early.
7) Guess no one can predict the weather but is it worth going to Rigi & Stanserhorn in early October? There are probably more chances of it being cloudy/rainy than say, right now.
Apologies for the long-ish post but would really appreciate the help.