Discount on regional pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
atmdel
atmdel
10 posts
Jan 21, 2016 - 1:27 PM

Hi!

Was doing the math for buying passes for my upcoming trip in June... had a question that I hope you all can help me with.

I read somewhere that the OB regional pass covers the Jungfrau trip, while the swiss travel pass does not. So it was recommended to buy a half fare card which would get discounts even on buying the OB pass/ Jungfrau pass Is that true?

Alos, for my 15 day trip, out of which 8 days (4 in lucern and 4 in wengen) are in OB, would this make sense? Maybe a 8 day travel pass and a 8 day OB or 4 day Jungfaru pass?

thanks for your help !

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Jan 21, 2016 - 2:13 PM in reply to atmdel

Hi atmdel, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am not 100% sure which passes you mean, but I assume it's the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland and the Jungfrau Travel Pass (this one is new; all other Jungfrau passes have been discontinued). Is that right?

The two linked pages probably answer all your questions. Please have a look at them and let me know if anything remains unclear to you.

Two more tips:

• There are no passes that cover the entire Jungfraujoch trip for free.
  • Lucerne is not in the Bernese Oberland, if that's what you mean by OB. Please have a look at the covered area of the passes.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019