Discount on regional pass

• atmdel
    Participant
    10 posts
    21 January 2016 at 13:27:19 #808306

Hi!

Was doing the math for buying passes for my upcoming trip in June… had a question that I hope you all can help me with.

I read somewhere that the OB regional pass covers the Jungfrau trip, while the swiss travel pass does not. So it was recommended to buy a half fare card which would get discounts even on buying the OB pass/ Jungfrau pass Is that true?

Alos, for my 15 day trip, out of which 8 days (4 in lucern and 4 in wengen) are in OB, would this make sense? Maybe a 8 day travel pass and a 8 day OB or 4 day Jungfaru pass?

thanks for your help !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 January 2016 at 14:13:50 #847892

Hi atmdel, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am not 100% sure which passes you mean, but I assume it’s the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland and the Jungfrau Travel Pass (this one is new; all other Jungfrau passes have been discontinued). Is that right?

The two linked pages probably answer all your questions. Please have a look at them and let me know if anything remains unclear to you.

Two more tips:

• There are no passes that cover the entire Jungfraujoch trip for free.
    • Lucerne is not in the Bernese Oberland, if that’s what you mean by OB. Please have a look at the covered area of the passes.
  • The thread ‘Discount on regional pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.