Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2021 at 14:55:52 #933427

Hi 500Height,

you’ll find the list of the test locations per canton at http://www.stnet.ch/app/uploads/2021/09/Liste-der-kantonalen-Testorte.pdf.

More information can be found at http://www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus/planning under ‘Where to get a Covid-19 test in Switzerland’.

I have no personal experience regarding the waiting list, sorry. I guess it also depends on date, days and time.

Regards,

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2021 at 15:01:58 #933428

Hi Manjiri vora,

the tourist certificate will probably be valid for 30 days. Once this is confirmed, we’ll update this information in the first post of this thread. Please have a look at it later. But anyway, I also recommend you to wait. According to the official pages, they recommend to tourists start the application process 2 weeks before they are planning to arrive in Switzerland.

According to the current rules: For fully vaccinated people can get the Swiss Covid certificate. And fully vaccinated means: 365 days, starting from the day of the last vaccination. If your last vaccination was in Feb, you cannot get the Covid certificate for May 2022. A 3rd shot would be a solution for that.

Regards,
    Ildiko

vincenology
    Participant
    13 posts
    21 October 2021 at 18:17:00 #933429

Hi,

I don’t see the sinovac in the Covid certificate form 🙁

is that means they do not accept Sinovac vaccination?

cheers,

vincent

Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    22 October 2021 at 2:08:47 #933430

Yes ,

we will have to take a 3 rd shot unless they change their guidelines and do not put a timeline on the vaccine.

will review closer to our travel date.

thanks

Anna
    6382 posts
    22 October 2021 at 7:53:24 #933431

Hi vincenology,

Unfortunately that may be the case at the moment.

Based on the FAQ, Persons not resident in Switzerland (e.g. tourists) can only obtain a Swiss COVID-19 vaccination certificate if they have been vaccinated with one of the following vaccines (EMA approval, including licensed products): Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech), Spikevax (Moderna), COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen, Vaxzevria/Covishield (AstraZeneca).

You are still permitted to enter Switzerland as a tourist if you are fully vaccinated with the Sinovac vaccine. But if you wish to access places that require a Covid certificate, you would need to show a negative PCR or antigen test.

Regards,

Anna

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 October 2021 at 7:57:25 #933432

Hi Vincent. Yes, that’s confusing. The official certificate request page initially stated that Sinovac and Sinopharm were allowed too, but then they removed that. But: the government plans to make the certificate available to tourists vaccinated with Sinovac and Sinopharm, so I expect you’ll soon be able to arrange for your certificate. I don’t know the exact date yet, sorry. We’ll update the information in our 1st post as soon as we have confirmation.

vincenology
    Participant
    13 posts
    25 October 2021 at 9:00:30 #933433

Is there any other way for sinovac vaccinated tourist to apply for the Covid certificate? For example, doing the test upon arrival or etc?

Anna
    6382 posts
    25 October 2021 at 10:41:50 #933434

Hi vincenology,

For travellers vaccinated with Sinovac, yes you need to get a PCR or rapid antigen test done in order to obtain a Swiss Covid certificate. There are test facilities at the airport and also at Zurich main station. To locate other test centres near you, please use the link under “Important notes” in the 1st post of this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Jchaluh
    Participant
    11 posts
    27 October 2021 at 6:44:43 #933435

Anna thanks for all your help. My wife have been in Zurich since 10/22.

We received our Swiss COVID certificates (blue app that we downloaded) within 18-36 hours. Most restaurants that we visited scanned the bar code and then asked for ID to make sure our names matched. We showed our drivers license.

The weather during the day starts at about mid 40’s. Got up to the low 60’s yesterday, Tuesday 10/26, and as one walks a lot, it felt warmer than low 60’s.

We are headed to Lucerne today, 10/27 to start our Viking tour/ river cruise

Everything has gone seemingly very smooth. The people here are very nice. Our hotel staff at the Zurich Marriott have been fantastic.

We will need to show them our PCR Covid test. Since we were in Switzerland more than 4 days, Viking wants us to prove that we are negative before joining up with them. We found a place in the Radisson Blu, 9th floor located in the airport area. It cost us $119 CHF and that is the cheapest that we could find. The catch here is that you need to make advanced reservation to get the price. Here is the link; zrh.viselio.com/

One last thing, Switzerland and specifically Zurich is expensive if you compare it the USA / Texas prices We knew this coming in so just enjoy and spend for this part of the world is beautiful.

Jesse

Anna
    6382 posts
    27 October 2021 at 7:50:10 #933436

Hi Jesse,

Thank you so much for this update and sharing your experience. I hope you and your wife are enjoying your travels.

Indeed Switzerland is not cheap but there are ways you can save money: http://www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/savemoney

All the best for the rest of your trip.

Regards,

Anna

Link
    Participant
    34 posts
    1 November 2021 at 21:19:05 #933437

Travelling to Switzerland in June 2022. I am fully vaccinated BUT it will be longer than 365 days from my 2nd dose vaccination date but only 7 months since receiving my Covid booster. If I understand this reading then I will NOT be considered fully vaccinated by the Swiss government? I am very concerned about this.

Link

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2021 at 22:02:53 #933438

<removed>. We have plans to visit in April but if people aren’t through with this insanity, we’ll cancel everything. It’s not that important to us.

<removed>

Hi Moderators,

I know you won’t post this and it’s no biggie. Sometimes I just can’t help myself and have to rant when I read some of these posts.

<removed>

Hope everyone’s doing good.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    2 November 2021 at 3:09:39 #933439

I was tempted to hold my tongue on this one, but I just can’t. <removed> There is a pandemic and it is not over. I humbly suggest you click on the following link: http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. <removed> And think of people with other medical problems who are being forced to wait because many of your hospitals are so busy with Covid cases, and most of these are unvaccinated.

This forum is no place for senseless argumentation about whether the pandemic is or is not real, so I hope that the moderators will delete my comment <removed>

Here’s a video you might find illuminating: <removed>

Rgoppelt
    Participant
    44 posts
    2 November 2021 at 4:33:49 #933440

I agree. This forum provides wonderful advice and is telling the information you need so you can enjoy Switzerland. The rules are the rules. Thank you moderators for this forum otherwise I am sure I would have gotten to the airport and found out that I was not allowed in Switzerland. I want to thank all the people who have suggested ways to get the covid test in Wengen. It saved me time and money. I also needed the information when my friend I was traveling with needed to see a doctor in Wengen.

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 November 2021 at 8:10:03 #933441

Hi Link,

Thank you for your question. We don’t have the details on this yet. Once we get some clarification from the relevant authority, we will update it in the first post of this thread. In the meantime, you can use the Coronavirus infoline if this is urgent for you.

Infoline for people travelling to Switzerland
    Tel. +41 58 464 44 88

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 November 2021 at 10:27:29 #933442

Hi Harveyshot,

Your assumption is correct: this forum is not the place to rant. Please take that somewhere else, the internet has a place for everything. Even though we can and will remove posts not complying to our guidelines, our moderators don’t have the time to keep doing so or keep discussing those guidelines. This is your last warning.

Jwd226
    Participant
    11 posts
    2 November 2021 at 10:38:01 #933443

Hi Anna,

Just got back from Zurich. Had my antigen test done by Deintest. There is a location near the Zurich train station. The fee was 35 CHF. Had my certificate via email in 15 minutes. They offer the PCR test for 145 CHF. The service and conscientiousness of the staff was outstanding. Here is the web address Deintest.ch.

Hope this helps.

John

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 November 2021 at 14:34:14 #933444

Hi Link,

Anna is right. We don’t know the rules about this yet. Calling the infoline might be your best bet right now. My own guess is that a 3rd shot will “renew” your status of being fully vaccinated and that you won’t encounter any problems for June 2022. I also think the Swiss government will announce rules about this in the coming months, because it won’t take long anymore before there are many more travelers like you whose vaccination is longer than a year ago. I know this isn’t much of a reassurance yet. Once we know more we’ll update our 1st post of this thread.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2021 at 14:53:30 #933445

<removed>

Later.

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 November 2021 at 19:38:50 #933446

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing this bit of information. This would be useful for travellers who need to do the antigen or PCR tests for their return flight or to get the Swiss Covid certificate in person.

Anna

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.