Eurail or swiss saver pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2014 at 12:53:05 #806426

Hi,
    I would like to explore Swiss-France in 1st week of july ( 2 persons).My places of interest are Lucerne, Interlaken,Mt Titlis,Rhine falls,Jungfraujoch,Mt. Pilatus, Gstaad in Swiss and Paris, Nice in France. Duration approx Swiss 5 nights, Paris 4 nights,nice 2 nights. Kindly suggest me if a eurail pass for swiss-france is better or swiss saver pass is better to cover these places.Will eurail pass help me for my travel from geneva to paris and paris to nice. Thanking you in anticipation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 June 2014 at 17:33:12 #840163

Hi sarangn,

If you prefer 1st class traveling, then the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass fits your plans perfectly. It includes all train rides for free, except for the seat reservations you need for Geneva to Paris and probably Paris to Nice as well. You will get a discount on the mountain trips to the Pilatus, Titlis and Jungfraujoch. You will also get a 15% discount on the pass because 2 people will be traveling together.

Please see here for all pass details such as prices, discounts, what’s covered and more.

With your wish list I would skip Gstaad and spend 3 nights in Lucerne (do to the Rhine Fall, Pilatus and Titlis), and 2 nights in Interlaken (to do the Jungfraujoch). For hotel suggestions in Lucerne, please look here, and for Interlaken here.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Eurail or swiss saver pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.