• Rabbi_29
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 September 2022 at 20:47:11 #828320

G’day

I am travelling to Switzerland for 4days. My itinerary as follows

27th September 2022

Arrival Geneva

28th September departure from Geneva to Bern and staying Bern for 2 days(28 and 29th September 2022)

I am travelling to Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen from Bern.

on 30 th September I am travelling to Zurich from bern.

on 1st October 2022 I am travelling from Zurich to Sulzberg, Austria.

i Have already bought Swiss half fare card.

my Question is what is the cheapest optimum pass should I buy for travelling from Geneva to Bern , Bern to Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen,

Bern to Zurich?

pls advice us for the best passes to travel Austria as well.

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2022 at 22:01:15 #946757

With a Swiss half fare card, you should go as soon as possible straight to the SBB web site and book discounted Saver Day Passes for all days:

http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/price

Please note that you do not have to state at the time of ‘booking’ SDPs that you have a Swiss half fare card – as long as it is valid when you will be using the passes

Rabbi_29
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 September 2022 at 22:30:43 #946758

Thanks a lot. Will the day pass will cover Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen cable car and other rides?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2022 at 23:53:56 #946759

Saver day pass gives ‘free’ aka ‘ride at will’ travel on all low altitude main network routes, the so called ‘GA’ area (GA = Generalabonnement which means General Season Ticket)

In the immediate Jungfrau area it will cover all journeys on the following sections:

Interlaken – Lauterbrunnen – Wengen

Lauterbrunnen – Murren

Interlaken – Zweilutschienen – Grindelwald

You would have to pay using you half fare card on most routes at higher altitude (ie above Wengen and Grindelwald)

http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/validity

Rabbi_29
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 September 2022 at 0:32:45 #946760

Thanks and much appreciated for your prompt reply. It’s really helpful for me

Anna
    6382 posts
    12 September 2022 at 10:32:09 #946761

Hi Rabbi 29,

Just to reiterate 1960man’s post. The Saver Day Pass is valid on the local train routes mentioned but not on mountain transportation. You would need to get tickets to ride on the cable cars, which are discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

For tickets to Austria, with the Swiss Half Fare Card you can purchase tickets to border (Buchs AG) for half-price than a normal ticket from the border to Salzburg. Alternatively you might find some good deals online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/austria

Best regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Geneva to Lauterbrunnen, Zurich and Salzburg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.