Golden Pass Panoramic train reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2015 at 7:14:01 #807385

Hi All,

We are planning for a 5 day trip to Switzerland and planning for the Golden pass panoramic train trip From zweisimmen to Montreux. Can you please help with below two questions ?

1. I know we don’t need to reserve seats but are there chances to get good seats in 1st week of July ? I dont want to miss the fun while not reserving the seats but also want the flexibility to change the dates based on weather.

2. We have 2 sunny days out of 5 days for our trip. One of them we will go to Mt titlis. Should we go for Golden pass panaromic train for the second sunny day ? We have rhine falls, Interlaken/thun activities, Trümmelbachfäll, bern/lucern city tour.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhaval Mehta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2015 at 8:15:54 #843773

Hi Dhaval,

1. It’s high season by then, but usually there are sufficient seats. For a few trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux they recommend reservations (still not required though, see here). You could book them 1 or 2 days ahead of time at any staffed rail station.

2. Well, the views are better with sunny weather. At least there should be no rain or fog. You don’t necessarily need good weather for the Trümmelbachfälle and the city tours. But, how do you know you will have two sunny days only?

Please don’t post duplicate topics, as requested in our forum rules. I removed your other one.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Panoramic train reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.