Saver Day Pass or 1-Day Travel Pass clarification

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Twobkind
Twobkind
6 posts
Oct 12, 2019 - 10:23 PM

Hello again, asking for some clarification on the Saver Day Pass option. I only have 2 days to travel from Zurich/Luzern to Montreux with an overnight stop in Lauterbrunnen. Therefore the 3-day STP [CHF 232] does not make financial sense. What is the difference between the Saver Day Pass and the 1-Day Travel Pass?

MySwissAlps (under 1-day travel pass) states "you can only use the 1-day Travel Pass if you have a Swiss Half Fare card." However, when I go to the SBB website it shows two prices: 1) for half-fare card holders CHF 49, and 2) no discount CHF 70.

Unfortunately my travel is the first weekend in November so I can not use the excellent Day Pass for 2 special which ends 27 Oct.

Gratis!

rockoyster
rockoyster
7668 posts
expert
Oct 13, 2019 - 5:50 AM in reply to Twobkind

The 1-day travel pass is more expensive providing you get the SDP at a good price in advance.

Annika
Annika
6102 posts
expert &
Oct 13, 2019 - 5:54 PM in reply to Twobkind

Hi Twobkind!

Correct, the 1-day travelpass is an add-on meant for Swiss Half Fare Card holders only: www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass, www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

The Saver Day Pass can be used by anyone. It can be bought for a regular fare or for a discounted fare, which would apply to Swiss Half Fare Card holders: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass. I think those are the regular and discounted fares you're seeing at the SBB website. The 1-day travelpass shouldn't have both options.

The validity areas for both passes are roughly the same. The main difference (apart from the fact that a Saver Day Pass is also available to non-Swiss Half Fare Card holders) is that the 1-day travelpass has a fixed price and can be bought shortly before boarding, whereas the Saver Day Pass should be booked in advance and doesn't have a fixed price. The sooner you book, the cheaper it is: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass.

I hope this answers your questions!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019