Grindelwald First and Jungfraujoch in one day

• NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    21 July 2022 at 23:26:03 #827849

Hi everyone, I am planning to visit JUNGFRAUJOCH on saturday from Interlaken, and visit also Grindewald First. I have only two days and half day in Interlaken and no railpass.

Can you give me please the best way to visit JUNGFRAUJOCH and Grindelwald First.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    22 July 2022 at 5:26:54 #944645

Hi NannyNorman,

Based on your plans, I would travel to Jungfraujoch first via Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. Then travel via Grindelwald on the way down. From Grindelwald station you can walk to the Grindelwald First cable car valley station, then take the cable car up to First.

Without a railpass, the return trip Interlaken – Jungfraujoch costs roughly CHF235. You will also need to arrange for additional tickets for your mountain excursion to Grindelwad First. If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, all tickets are discounted and you just pay half-price.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    22 July 2022 at 5:45:38 #944646

Thank you Anna, is Swiss half fare card valid for one month or one day only? I check the STC website and the price is 120chf but it did not specify the validity.

Thank you

Anna
    6382 posts
    22 July 2022 at 5:54:51 #944647

Hi NannyNorman,

The Swiss Half Fare Card is valid for a month.

You can purchase it online here.

regards,

Anna

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    22 July 2022 at 8:04:47 #944648

Hi Anna, if i will buy a ticket to JUNGFRAUJOCH website, the train from interlaken to wengen is not included and the train from grindewald to interlaken also when i come back.

Thank you

Anna
    6382 posts
    22 July 2022 at 11:13:33 #944649

Hi NannyNorman,

A return ticket from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch includes the train to Wengen and also the return by train from Grindelwald to Interlaken. If you have concerns about buying the ticket online, you can get it directly from the Interlaken train station. Be sure to check the weather forecast before your trip. An excursion to Jungfraujoch is best on a a clear day.

You can find more information about how to travel to Jungfraujoch here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 July 2022 at 18:49:54 #944650

Hi NannyNorman,

If you click to the Price tab on Anna’s link, you’ll get a list of web shops that offer tickets to Jungfraujoch. Some indeed only offer tickets from Wengen because many people have a Swiss Travel Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) that gets them to Wengen for free. But other shops also offer the full ride. Check https://www.getyourguide.com/interlaken-l793/interlaken-to-jungfraujoch-by-train-to-the-top-of-europe-t186585/ for example.

Have fun!

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    22 July 2022 at 20:45:58 #944651

Thank you guys . I already bought a ticket to Jangfrau and half fare card, thank you for all your help.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald First and Jungfraujoch in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.