About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Grindelwald First and Jungfraujoch in one day
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Grindelwald First and Jungfraujoch in one day

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
NannyNorman
NannyNorman
56 posts
Jul 21, 2022 - 11:26 PM

Hi everyone, I am planning to visit JUNGFRAUJOCH on saturday from Interlaken, and visit also Grindewald First. I have only two days and half day in Interlaken and no railpass.

Can you give me please the best way to visit JUNGFRAUJOCH and Grindelwald First.

Thank you.

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2022 - 5:26 AM in reply to NannyNorman

Hi NannyNorman,

Based on your plans, I would travel to Jungfraujoch first via Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. Then travel via Grindelwald on the way down. From Grindelwald station you can walk to the Grindelwald First cable car valley station, then take the cable car up to First.

Without a railpass, the return trip Interlaken - Jungfraujoch costs roughly CHF235. You will also need to arrange for additional tickets for your mountain excursion to Grindelwad First. If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, all tickets are discounted and you just pay half-price.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

NannyNorman
NannyNorman
56 posts
Jul 22, 2022 - 5:45 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you Anna, is Swiss half fare card valid for one month or one day only? I check the STC website and the price is 120chf but it did not specify the validity.

Thank you

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2022 - 5:54 AM in reply to NannyNorman

Hi NannyNorman,

The Swiss Half Fare Card is valid for a month.

You can purchase it online here.

regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 22, 2022 - 6:46 PM by Arno
NannyNorman
NannyNorman
56 posts
Jul 22, 2022 - 8:04 AM in reply to Anna

Hi Anna, if i will buy a ticket to JUNGFRAUJOCH website, the train from interlaken to wengen is not included and the train from grindewald to interlaken also when i come back.

Thank you

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2022 - 11:13 AM in reply to NannyNorman

Hi NannyNorman,

A return ticket from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch includes the train to Wengen and also the return by train from Grindelwald to Interlaken. If you have concerns about buying the ticket online, you can get it directly from the Interlaken train station. Be sure to check the weather forecast before your trip. An excursion to Jungfraujoch is best on a a clear day.

You can find more information about how to travel to Jungfraujoch here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere

Regards,

Anna

Arno
Arno
15661 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2022 - 6:49 PM

Hi NannyNorman,

If you click to the Price tab on Anna's link, you'll get a list of web shops that offer tickets to Jungfraujoch. Some indeed only offer tickets from Wengen because many people have a Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) that gets them to Wengen for free. But other shops also offer the full ride. Check https://www.getyourguide.com/interlaken-l793/interlaken-to-jungfraujoch-by-train-to-the-top-of-europe-t186585/ for example.

Have fun!

Last modified on Jul 22, 2022 - 6:50 PM by Arno
NannyNorman
NannyNorman
56 posts
Jul 22, 2022 - 8:45 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you guys . I already bought a ticket to Jangfrau and half fare card, thank you for all your help.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022