Grindelwald to Jungfrau train tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2016 at 15:42:33 #809659

Hi, my family and I will be staying in Grindelwald for 2 days and we are planning to take the train to Jaungfrau but I’m confused about buying tickets. Do I need to buy a rail pass beforehand? And which type? Can I buy tickets without the pass? As we are only there for 2 days is it worth buying one? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 July 2016 at 17:46:48 #854028

Welcome Andreia78, thanks for joining us!

In most cases it pays off to get a rail pass, even for short stays. Regular ticket prices add up very quickly, so in nearly all cases a rail pass will help you save money. Whether you need one, and which is best, can only be told if you have a list of plans, including your inbound and outbound trips, and start calculating according to these guidelines. Assuming you won’t be traveling in winter (when several ski pass options are available too) I recommend you look into one of the options below:

All passes can be bought online in advance, which is the most convenient option in most cases. Just click the “Price” tabs on the pages I linked to in order find retailers.

Once you’ve decided on your rail pass, you’ll know what amount of discount you’ll get for your Jungfraujoch tickets. You can buy such discounted tickets at the Grindelwald railway station upon showing our pass, right before boarding or one day in advance.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald to Jungfrau train tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.