help me in my iteaneary for 3 days in zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2015 at 18:24:38 #806850

I m travelling to zurich in april. will be there for 3 days. day 1 planning for lucerne and engelberg. day 2- zurich to interlaken, jungfrau and back to zurich. day 3 to montreux and rhine falls. day 4 i have flight at 13:00. plz help me in making my iteanery convinient as i have a 3 yr old kid.what else i can add. and which swiss pass shuold i purchase.

thnx

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 February 2015 at 16:47:15 #841668

Hi richa19!

For the trips you have planned, Zurich isn’t the most convenient base. It would require a lot of traveling to reach the destinations you mention; you can check traveling times with the aid of the timetable. If you intend to make these trips, Bern would be a better choice. You’d still be traveling quite a bit, but it would be doable. Your plans for day 3 aren’t realistic though. Montreux and the Rhine Falls are very far apart and you’d manage to reach one of these destinations at the most. If I were you, I’d spend day 3 in the Lucerne or Interlaken region too.

If you stay in Bern or another town, you could travel back to Zurich on the evening of day 3 and stay in an airport or city hotel there. This way you only need a pass for 3 days of traveling. The 3 day Swiss Travel Pass would be a good fit.

Does that help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2015 at 19:37:54 #841669

hi , thanks for ur reply.

i m arriving to zurich by train on 5th evening and my returning flight is from zurich airport on 10th afternoon only, dats d main reason of my zurich base as i have a daughter of 3 years, so bit difficult to change hotels everytime. i hav worked again on my iteanery and have cutoff the montreux as u r right that i cant cover two places at one time.now i m planning day 1 at Lucerne and engelberg. day 2 at interlaken and jungfrau. day 3 local zurich with rhine falls..plz advice me in my this iteneary. shall i plan my 1 day stay at interlaken to make d journey easy. how can i take golden pass train.

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 February 2015 at 13:48:49 #841670

Hello richa19,

Well, that sounds fine to me. You will need good weather to visit the peaks on the days you have in mind, but that can’t be controlled. The Golden Pass line connects Lucerne to Interlaken, so that’s easy to include in your plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2015 at 20:26:39 #841671

hi..

there is little change in the program. as i m arriving to zurich on 5th , further i m planning not to stay in zurich but directly to go to lucerne and stay there till 8th. as it will be easy for me to take golden pass train from there nd mt. titlis tour will also be convenient.8th i will come to zurich for rhine falls and vl stay there.9th i have flight from zurich only. how it sounds now. any further suggestions will be helpful. and plz suggest me reasonable apartment in lucerne for 3nights with the kitchen facility and close to the station. i have looked for it but in many apartment checkin is not allowed on sundays.(5th is a sunday). plz advice

thanx

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 February 2015 at 19:01:01 #841672

Hi richa19,

This sounds like a good plan. Lucerne is a good base for many day trips. Most apartments in Switzerland are rented by the week, starting on Saturday. You will find very few in Lucerne for just 3 nights and in the town center. Apartment Cysat is one you can look into, please check http://www.e-domizil.ch for details. If you like it I would recommend to book it quickly as there are not much alternatives, and this one still seems to be available for your dates. There are plenty of hotels though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 17:41:35 #841673

thanx a lot..

i m staying at kreins . plz guide me for the mt. titlis trip and lake lucern boat trip.can i cover both the things on the same day. whats the duration and timings for the boat and does it require any pre -booking.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 March 2015 at 8:04:28 #841674

Hi richa19,

Do you mean Kriens? That’s a suburb of Lucerne, and not near the rail station. But the buses to the station are included in the Swiss Travel Pass. The cable car to Pilatus is neaby though.

All info and links to timetables for Mount Titlis and boat trips can be found here:

All modes of transport are in the national timetable as well. You can combine both trips in one day but you should start your day early. There’s no pre-booking required. Just show your Swiss Travel Pass at the ticket window and you will get a 50% discount on the tickets.

• The thread ‘help me in my iteaneary for 3 days in zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.