Help Needed โ€“ Train Travel & Itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2012 at 4:24:15 #805389

Hello all ๐Ÿ™‚

My Daughter(12yrs) & I are heading to Switzerland for our very first time in September & would love some help

What would be our best swiss pass/card option? (taking into account; traveling in from Paris & out to Venice)

Any further ideas on things to do also would be great:-)

This is our Itinerary for Switzerland;

FROM PARIS TO BERN
    20th Sept โ€“ Arrive late from Paris
    21st Sept โ€“ Explore Bern
    22nd Sept- Explore Bern, maybe take a train somewhere โ€“ Ideas on day trips or stay in Bern?

LUCERNE
    22nd Sept โ€“ Wake up in Lucerne โ€“ Lake Lucerne cruise
    23rd Sept โ€“ Explore Lucerne โ€“ IDEAS?
    24th Sept โ€“ Explore Lucerne โ€“ IDEAS?

WENGEN
    25th Sept โ€“ Leave Lucerne to Wengen
    26th Sept โ€“ Wake up in Wengen โ€“ Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip S
    27th Sept โ€“ Interlaken day trip โ€“ hot air balloon โ€“ paragliding

ENGELBERG
    28th Sept โ€“ Wake up in Engelberg โ€“ Glacier Mountain โ€“ Iceflyer Chairlift
    29th Sept โ€“ Go hiking
    30th Sept โ€“ Explore Engelberg โ€“ Night train to Venice

All ideas & advice would be greatly appreciated

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 June 2012 at 12:05:48 #836493

Hi collesseum, and welcome to the forum! I think you should consider either a Swiss Card (allowing a free trip from the French/Swiss border to Bern, from Engelberg to the Swiss/Italian border and a 50% discount on remaing trips) or a Swiss Flexi Pass, using free travel days for the transfers border-Bern, Engelberg-border, and some other days on which you want to make longer train journeys. In both cases your daughter will travel with you for free if you order along a free STS Family Card.

Hotels near the railway stations can be found at our Bern and Lucerne hotel pages. Hotels in Wengen and Engelberg are available through these pages too. As for you stay in Lucerne: consider Pilatus, Rigi (free with a Swiss Flexi Pass on a free travel day), the glacier garden and the traffic museum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2012 at 2:34:23 #836494

Hi Annika,

Seems you have a very busy job, I was expecting a few more responses from other members :/

I have all my accomodation booked & paid for already, but thank you:-)

Ok I will research the 2 cards you mentionedโ€ฆ So the half fair card would not be a good option?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2012 at 2:40:38 #836495

Actually its fine:-)

After reading the swiss card info it all made sense this time round.

I think a push in the right direction from you Annika helped ease the tention of making the final decision.

Thank you very much for your time, greatly appreciated!

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 June 2012 at 15:47:29 #836496

Iโ€™m glad I could help! I hope you and your daughter will enjoy your trip.

• The thread โ€˜Help Needed โ€“ Train Travel & Itineraryโ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.