Honeymoon in Swiss (5 days in Feb” 2017)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2016 at 21:17:32 #810423

Hi All –

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Swiss. We’re flying into Switzerland on 10th Feb and we’ll flying out on 15th(Zurich). I’d love to get some inputs on how to plan a memorable honeymoon.We’ll be travelling from US East Coast, so snow shouldn’t be a problem for us. I’ve been reading a lot about ‘Honeymoon in Swiss Alps’ and I’m glad that we picked Swiss as our honeymoon destination. We need some advise on which area/cities/Alps to pick. Below are a few notes on what we’re looking for:

1. We’d like to avoid metro cities like Zurich & Geneva

2. We’d love to spend good amount of time in Alps

3. We’d like to do some outdoor activities like Skiing, cable rides, Lakes(boat tours)

4. Experience authentic food and culture

5. If time permits, may be a chocolate factory

We don’t have checklist for places and we don’t want to travel too much during our 4 nights and 5 days stay.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 December 2016 at 12:48:05 #857330

Hi Reddy,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and congratulations on your upcoming marriage! There are not many boat tours in winter, but boats do operate on a limited schedule on the bigger lakes like Lake Thun and Lake Lucerne. Cable car trips won’t be a problem, as well as skiing (assuming that you can ski and don’t have to learn it). A few areas to consider are the Jungfrau region, Zermatt and the Upper Engadine valley. Depending on your flight schedule, one night in Lucerne might be nice. It’s smaller than Zurich.

Apart from the mentioned links, our planning page might be useful too.

Note that the name of the country is Switzerland (it’s being explained here: myswissalps.com/ aboutswitzerland/ facts).

• The thread ‘Honeymoon in Swiss (5 days in Feb” 2017)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.