Honeymoon trip for 7 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2015 at 11:51:31 #807526

Hi

I am planning my honeymoon trip to Switzerland in Sept. Iwill arrive on 10th Sept, 2015 at Zurich and depart on 17th Sept, 2015.

I have planned 4 nights stay in Interlaken, 2 nights in Lucerneand 1 night in Zurich but I am still flexible on the same.

I will take a Swiss pass for 8 consecutive days and will be travelling to Mt Titlis, Rhine Falls, Jungfrau. Do inform if any other place to be included.

Also advise what more to explore in this trip. My preferences are Paragliding, Ice Skiing (if its possible as I have never done it before) or any other adventure sports. Would also love to see some scenic beauty.

Would love if you can come up with a detailed plan for my trip as I am in initial stages and need to do lot of research before my journey starts.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 July 2015 at 14:48:55 #844329

Hi Aquarian-

Welcome to the Forum.

That is a great time of year to visit Switzerland. We have come over in September most years of the past 15 or 20. I wish I were coming over then in 2015, but this year we’re going to the UK, for a change.

Arno and Annika (the moderators) are really good with itineraries, and I’m not.. But, I have one suggestion.

Instead of Interlaken stay at Wenggen or Grindelwald ( or, maybe Mürren.)

All have much nicer scenery and more interesting walks than Interlaken.

I prefer Wengen. See this link, good for the region as well as Wengen.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

Mürren (and close by Gimmelwald) are very popular, but require extra time and travel to get out of the valley if you decide to travel beyond Interlaken (Brienz. lake boats, Thun, Bern) if you are unlucky enough to have clouds in the mountains.

You can get some ideas here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

and –

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Train (and other transport ) schedules here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and a topo good map here:

map.geo.admin.ch/?X=166260.64&Y=641194.6 6&zoom=3&lang=en&topic =swisstopo&bgLayer=ch. swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe

or here:

map.classic.search.ch/

If you zoom to the close up views, mousing over a location with a train(bus, etc.) station gives you transport schedules. First you have to click on the box by Traffic (on the leftmenu) to make the symbols appear for the stations (only at high enough magnification of the map.)

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 July 2015 at 17:02:03 #844330

Hello Aquarian,

Skiing requires a week of lessons if you have never done it before; just trying it is too dangerous for yourself and anyone around. In Summer you can only ski in Saas-Fee and Zermatt by the way. For other snow activities, there’s a wonderful snow park at Jungfraujoch and also on Mount Titlis.

Please see the links provided by Slowpoke and these planning tips for more information. If you enter “paragliding Interlaken” in the search box in the top of the page you will find several discussions about it.

The Swiss Pass has been discontinued last year. It was replaced by the Swiss Travel Pass, please see here. The Swiss Travel Pass page explains about all the details, like what’s included, how to use the pass, and where to buy it.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Honeymoon trip for 7 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.