Hotel Bellevue or Hotel Du Nord in Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
WTandBeyond
WTandBeyond
3 posts
Sep 16, 2019 - 3:09 PM

I'm trying to decide between the Hotel Bellevue or the Hotel Du Nord in Interlaken for my family of 5 for four nights at the end of June, 2020. I have a slight preference for the Hotel du Nord in terms of location (closer to Interlaken Ost) and room arrangement for our family. However, it isn't air conditioned, whereas the Hotel Bellevue is. I am concerned that without air conditioning we may be uncomfortable at night in the hotel room, especially if the day time temps reach 90 degrees F like they did on the same days this past year in Interlaken (per historical weather data). Any advice? Do the evening temps drop significantly enough for air conditioning to become not necessary? It seems like AC is rare in hotels in Switzerland.

Steph
Steph
1979 posts
top member &
Sep 17, 2019 - 5:33 AM in reply to WTandBeyond

Hello WTandBeyond and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I've never stayed at either of the two hotels you mention in Interlaken, but I can say, that over the years ACs have become a more important amenity for hotels, as temperatures have constantly risen over the last years, as everywhere.

Most Swiss people are used to NOT having ACs, so they just cope, but my experience with people from countries, where ACs are quite common, is that they tend to miss a nice cool down in their hotels after a hot day.

The nights in summer can be nice and cool and offer a refreshment but they can also be quite high, meaning, not dropping below 20 degrees Celsius at night. I don't know of course, how heat sensitive you are, so the final decision will be yours. Hope to have provided some insight.

Also, make sure to check:
www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit
www.myswissalps.com/we ather
www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/hotels

Best,
Steph

JaneEB
JaneEB
112 posts
Sep 17, 2019 - 6:35 AM

Hi WTandBeyond

We normally choose a hotel location in the mountains as the temperatures are notably cooler than in a town in the valley. Have you considered staying in Wengen or Grindelwald where the temperature will be a few degrees C lower?

All the hotels we have stayed in provide fans if they don't have AC.

Jane

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019