Hotel Bellevue or Hotel Du Nord in Interlaken?

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    16 September 2019 at 15:09:24 #823877

I’m trying to decide between the Hotel Bellevue or the Hotel Du Nord in Interlaken for my family of 5 for four nights at the end of June, 2020. I have a slight preference for the Hotel du Nord in terms of location (closer to Interlaken Ost) and room arrangement for our family. However, it isn’t air conditioned, whereas the Hotel Bellevue is. I am concerned that without air conditioning we may be uncomfortable at night in the hotel room, especially if the day time temps reach 90 degrees F like they did on the same days this past year in Interlaken (per historical weather data). Any advice? Do the evening temps drop significantly enough for air conditioning to become not necessary? It seems like AC is rare in hotels in Switzerland.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2019 at 5:33:36 #922270

Hello WTandBeyond and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’ve never stayed at either of the two hotels you mention in Interlaken, but I can say, that over the years ACs have become a more important amenity for hotels, as temperatures have constantly risen over the last years, as everywhere.

Most Swiss people are used to NOT having ACs, so they just cope, but my experience with people from countries, where ACs are quite common, is that they tend to miss a nice cool down in their hotels after a hot day.

The nights in summer can be nice and cool and offer a refreshment but they can also be quite high, meaning, not dropping below 20 degrees Celsius at night. I don’t know of course, how heat sensitive you are, so the final decision will be yours. Hope to have provided some insight.

Also, make sure to check:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit
    http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather
    http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/hotels

Best,
    Steph

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    17 September 2019 at 6:35:39 #922271

Hi WTandBeyond

We normally choose a hotel location in the mountains as the temperatures are notably cooler than in a town in the valley. Have you considered staying in Wengen or Grindelwald where the temperature will be a few degrees C lower?

All the hotels we have stayed in provide fans if they don’t have AC.

Jane

• The thread ‘Hotel Bellevue or Hotel Du Nord in Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.