How to get a Swiss Travel Pass for 10 or 11 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2017 at 3:22:55 #810904

We plan to go from Zurich to Wengen on Sept. 2, stay till the 10th (hiking as much as we can) and then head back to Zurich on the 10th. We will need to spend the night on the 10th in Zurich and catch a plane on the 11th for Barcelona. We will return from Barcelona back to Zurich on the 24 via plane, spend the night somewhere in Zurich and visit a few museums or sites that day and catch a plane home on the 25th. So essentially we will need to transport ourselves via trains, local buses, etc. for about 11 or 12 days. After looking at the Swiss Travel Pass I see that they are for 3,4,8 or 15 consecutive days.

Would we need to buy a Swiss Travel Pass for 8 consecutive days and then buy another STP for 3 consecutive days? How do we do that? If so do we activate the 2nd pass (3 day one) after the 8 day pass expires? Or do we buy a Flex Travel Pass as I read that you can use them when needed for the month? What would you suggest? Also, what museums or other attractions in Zurich can we use the STP for either free or reduced entrance fee? Thank you so much for your help! This site is AMAZING!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2017 at 10:10:21 #859365

Hi BandA,

You can certainly buy and 8 day and 3 day Swiss Travel Pass and have them started on different dates (whatever is best for you).
    Alternatively, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is a great option as you can then pick the days you use it for. This is useful for you you can choose the days with the most train trips to use it for. Days you are staying in Zurich might not be worth using the pass on.

The links above for the passes have all the information on how to use them and what they cover/ where they are valid.

As for Zurich, there are some activities listed here, I can also recommend the Zurich Zoo, and the Kunsthaus museum.

Here is a link on how to get around Zurich (The listed ZurichCARD, is a great option for you) and some links that will be useful under the heading “off the beaten path”.

I hope this helps!

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to get a Swiss Travel Pass for 10 or 11 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.