4 day plan help – Geneva to Basel

• Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    19 November 2017 at 18:06:48 #813696

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me on this?

i’m reaching Geneva airport on 29th of this month along with my partner and my infant baby. i’ve took accomodation in Lucerne.

My arrival time is 10:40 am and can anyone suggest me how can i spend a day in geneva or surroundings so that i can reach safely in Lucerne by night.

i’ve 4 days in switzerland and next days my plan is in lucerne area and after that one day in interlaken/jungfraujoch if climate allows.

and last day in zurich?

can someone suggest me where to go on geneva or surroundings and if possible can someone suggest me a perfect itenary?

my whole stay is in lucerne as booked

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 November 2017 at 0:25:11 #872146

Hi Kanza-

<<“can someone suggest me where to go on geneva or surroundings and if possible can someone suggest me a perfect itenary?”>>

We don’t do itineraries here, but provide the materials for you to make your own. Then, if you post your proposed itinerary, we can discuss the positives,negatives, and options.

Here’s a start.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge neva

http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux

http://www.myswissalps.com/so uthwestswitzerland

Other links under this one may help you, as well:

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

You can figure out locations and times of travel if you use the timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Please be sure to read the instructions page.

A map is the other necessity for trip planning:

map.search.ch/

If you zoom in far enough on that map you can see the train lines.

Slowpoke

Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    20 November 2017 at 8:10:41 #872147

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Better i’ll post my rough plan which i’ve done from the posts and forums from swissalps. I’ll be so thankful if you could help me to modify it to make it more practical or possible.

Day 1 : Arrival on Geneva Airport at 10:40 am. Most probably will check out from airport within one hour. So my plan is to drop our luggage in train station locker (i need to know where it will be better ) and then spend some time in Geneva or surroundings (I’m not sure whether Montreux will be better), then collect luggage later and travel to Lucerne where i’ve booked my stay. I’ve swiss pass with me. I believe i can do a late check-in in hotel in Lucerne. So in short, the first day plan is really confusing for me as i don’t know what can happen practically as its my first time to Switzerland. Please suggest me a better plan if my above plan doesn’t works.

Day 2: My plan is to explore Lucerne region and surroundings . I’ll check with some one in hotel for a better plan for the day. Suggestions are welcome.

Day 3: Interlaken and if weather permits and everything goes well, then Mt.Jungfroach. This plan also has to be finalized.

Day 4: Early Check-out from hotel and move to Zurich. Drop the luggage in train station locker and explore Zurich till 4pm as i’ve bookked train to Paris from Basel at 6:30pm. So i’ll have to move to Basel from Zurich around 4pm to 5pm.

So that’s my rough plan. Please suggest me more precisely so that i can fix my trip instead of spreading my plan and everything going in vein. My moto is to enjoy Switzerland at its maximum with my partner and baby.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2017 at 8:49:11 #872148

Hi Kanza,

Your rough plan looks reasonable.

Day 1:Take a look at Slowpoke’s links to help you decide which towns look more interesting to you. Both towns are nice and for just 1/2 day I don’t think you can go wrong with either Geneva or Montreux.

Day 2: For ideas of things to do in Luzern and where to go in the mountains nearby click here for our suggestions.

Day 3: Interlaken itself isn’t the most interesting of towns. I would plan on heading to Lauterbrunnen or Wengen for the day. If the weather looks good at Jungfraujoch when you are in one of those towns then decide to go up.

Day 4: Any reason why you are going to Zurich if your train leaves from Basel? Maybe spend the day in Basel instead? Or explore Luzern more that day before heading to Basel in the later afternoon?

Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    20 November 2017 at 10:04:46 #872149

Hi Lucas,

There’s no special interests to go to Zurich. I heard Zurich is a good town and i just thought of covering all the regions, that’s it. If it looks to be impossible or tough, i can change my plan for good suggestions. Can you give me good suggestions for day 4?

Moreover, since i’ve Swiss rail pass, will it be better if i take the golden pass route on either day 2 or day 3, so that i can cover montreux on that trip and focus on Geneva on Day 1?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2017 at 10:49:43 #872150

I gave a couple suggestions on Day 4 on my last post for you – You could do Zurich if it appeals to you or Basel or spend more time in Luzern (lots to do there) Mt. Pilatus or Mt. Rigi are nearby trips, as well as a boat trip on Lake Luzern or the Swiss Transport Museum – all listed under my day 2 link on my last post.

Yes, I think the Golden Pass is a good idea to move yourself from Montreux to Luzern certainly – makes sense on day 2 I think.

• The thread ‘4 day plan help – Geneva to Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.