May 18, 2016 - 8:31 AM
Dear Arno, Annika, and the experts.
First of all, a big Thank You to all of you. The information here has been very valuable in preparing for the trip. Kudos for providing the platform and for all the people taking time out to guide the vistors. Much appreciated.
We are a family of 4. Me and my wife, kids aged 10 and 15. We are looking forward to making a trip to Switzerland this weekend for 7 days. The itinerary (as planned so far) is as follows:
- 22nd: Land in Zurich in the afternoon and proceed to Luzern.
- 23rd: Make a trip to Mt. Titlis. If time permits later in the day visit the transport museum
- 24th: Make a trip to Mt. Pilatus. If time permits later in the day do a lake cruise.
- 25th: Travel to Interlaken to stay there. Visit around town.
- 26th: Make a tirp to Jungfraujoch.
- 27th: Travel to Zurich to stay there. In the afternoon, do a lake cruise. (Open to any ideas).
- 28th: Take the Bernina express round trip.
- 29th: Leave from Zurich.
Would like to get your inputs/suggestions to this. Further, also looking for inputs on specific items below:
a) Does it make sense to do a full round trip in Bernina Exp or travel half way and turn back. If so, what would be a good point to go up to. And what would be the fastest way to get back?
b) Should we do both Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus or do just one of them and try something else for next day.
c) Assuming Swiss travel pass is better for us compared to regional Bernese Oberland pass. Pls confirm.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.