Interlaken and Lucerne trip in April 1st week

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2016 at 14:18:55 #808725

Hello,

I am visiting Switzerland with my family in April first week. We will use Swiss Travel Pass. Could you help me out for the below queries:

1. Can we deposit luggage at Engelberg train station ? If yes, how much does it cost ?

2. We have booked reservation seat on Glacier Express from Zermatt to St.Mortiz. Can we board Glacier express from Visp instead of Zermatt ? Which trip has better scenic views in the first week of April – Glacier express or Golden Pass ?

3. What is the best time (afternoon or evening) to visit Mount Rigi ? How much time (minimum) is required to enjoy Rigi Kulm ? Is the route Lucerne – Vitznau (by boat at 9:12 am) – Rigi Kulm (by cogwheel) , Return: Rigi kulm – Arth-Goldau (by Cogwheel) – Lucern – Basel SBB fine? Is Cogwheel travel covered in Swiss Travel Pass ?

4. We are visiting Mount Titlis for sure. So, we have a doubt that Mount Rigi trip is worth going?

5. Can we buy Swiss Travel Pass at main train stations like Basel SBB or Interlaken West etc ? Any discount is available for Swiss Travel Pass 2nd class ?

Your answers to our queries are much appreciated and will help us in a better planning.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SHIV

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 March 2016 at 17:33:08 #849902

Hi Shiv,

1. Yes, you can. I don’t know the costs.

2. You can board in Visp although I think the official rule is that they can assign your seat to someone else if there’s demand and you don’t show up. To be 100% sure you can ask at any staffed rail station whether this is ok, or if they can change your reservation to start from Visp.

3. It mostly depends on the weather of the day. In general the sky is clearer in the mornings and clouds start to form from midday. The trip is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/validi ty.

4. Both are worth it because they’re very different. Please see for yourself:

5. You can buy it locally although it’s easier and more efficient to buy the pass online and print it at home. You can start using it right away without waiting for a ticket office. Simply go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en, and pick “Online Ticket” when asked for a delivery preference. You’ll receive the passes through e-mail in 2-3 working days. Please see here for other purchase options and here for any discounts (if currently available for your country of residence).

• The thread ‘Interlaken and Lucerne trip in April 1st week’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.