Interlaken as base or mountain villages?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 14:42:13 #808515

I’ll be in Switzerland from Austria the last week of April. The places i would like to visit are Zurich, Interlaken, Luzern, Zermatt and Jungfraujoch. Initially i wanted to make Interlaken as my base but was told that it was another transit town. Was advised to stay at Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen etc as the view there are nice.

However, i was also told by some that end of April is a very low season and not many hotels, restaurants and cable car are open. And was advised to make Interlaken my base as its a town that still opens irregardless or the season.

Now i’m wondering whether i should make Interlaken my base or mountain villages like Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen.

Kindly advise

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2016 at 15:00:29 #848911

Hi kenlee6,

You already asked this here. Please check our forum rules and don’t submit duplicate posts. Thanks for your understanding. I will close this thread now.

• The thread ‘Interlaken as base or mountain villages?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.