Is buying Tell Pass for 2-3 days worth ?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
pl555
pl555
1 post
Jun 17, 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hello,

me and 3 other of my family members are planning to travel from lucerne to engelberg for 3 days .

From engelberg we plan to visit Mt titlis and mt pilateus .

• Could you please let me know if buying Tell Pass of 200CHF is worth, if we plan to visit ONLY Mt titlis and mt pilateus and engelberg region .?
  • Could you also suggest any other activities or places to visit in engelberg or nearby .?

we plan to go back to lucerne on 4th day .

Thanks in advance for your help .

Regards,

PL

Last modified on Jun 17, 2015 - 10:16 AM by pl555
Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2015 - 5:32 PM

Hi PL,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Tickets to Engelberg and back, plus the two mountain excursions, are around CHF 200 per person. So if you add anything else, it will be cheaper with a Tell Pass. Also the pass is more convenient as you don't need to buy tickets for each train trip. Note that a 4-day pass is CHF 220 though, a 3-day pass is CHF 200. Please see myswissalps.com/ tellpass for pass details.

Activities can be found on myswissalps.com/ lakelucerne/activities. A nice hike near Engelberg is this one: myswissalps.com/ hiking/engelberg-obertruebsee-truebsee.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019