Itinerary Help May - Grindelwald & Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jenivis
Jenivis
13 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 11:11 PM

We have 3 days in Grindelwald this May , then 3 in Lucerne before flying out from Zurich.

We have a Swiss travel pass.

We want to do Jangfrau. Can you offer suggestions of how best to do this trip. I understand there are 2 routes, maybe we can include both. We would like to see Wengen and the Lauterbrunnen valley. I have also heard that the walk from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is beautiful. But is the cable car open from Grindelwald to Mannlichen in May? A journey outline would be very much appreciated.

Also from Lucerne we are thinking about taking the train to Engelberg to go up mount Titlis. I understand that there is a FourLakes Walk from part way up Trubsee stop. Any suggestions ar alternatives most welcome.

Thanks

Jennifer Ivison

Lucas
Lucas
10402 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:29 AM in reply to Jenivis

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, there are two options to Jungfraujoch and they can be done as a round-trip - details can be found here. This will allow you to travel from Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen.

Details on the hike from Mäannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg can be found here for you - the Wengen -Männlichen cable car opens 20 May and the Grindelwald-Männlichen cable car opens 25 May.

Here are some details on the Truebsee walk as well.
For ideas on what to do on Mt. Titlis have a look at our information page here.

Regards,
Lucas

Jenivis
Jenivis
13 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:34 AM in reply to Lucas

My real thanks Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019