Itinerary Help May - Grindelwald & Lucerne

Itinerary Help May - Grindelwald & Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jenivis
Jenivis
13 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 11:11 PM

We have 3 days in Grindelwald this May , then 3 in Lucerne before flying out from Zurich.

We have a Swiss travel pass.

We want to do Jangfrau. Can you offer suggestions of how best to do this trip. I understand there are 2 routes, maybe we can include both. We would like to see Wengen and the Lauterbrunnen valley. I have also heard that the walk from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is beautiful. But is the cable car open from Grindelwald to Mannlichen in May? A journey outline would be very much appreciated.

Also from Lucerne we are thinking about taking the train to Engelberg to go up mount Titlis. I understand that there is a FourLakes Walk from part way up Trubsee stop. Any suggestions ar alternatives most welcome.

Thanks

Jennifer Ivison

Lucas
Lucas
5490 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:29 AM in reply to Jenivis

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, there are two options to Jungfraujoch and they can be done as a round-trip - details can be found here. This will allow you to travel from Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen.

Details on the hike from Mäannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg can be found here for you - the Wengen -Männlichen cable car opens 20 May and the Grindelwald-Männlichen cable car opens 25 May.

Here are some details on the Truebsee walk as well.
For ideas on what to do on Mt. Titlis have a look at our information page here.

Regards,
Lucas

Jenivis
Jenivis
13 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:34 AM in reply to Lucas

My real thanks Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018